While visiting the Center for Healthy Living (CFHL) we expect our members to adhere to a few specific guidelines which are designed to reduce the chance of injury.
If you have questions regarding these guidelines please contact the CFHL manager, Jayme Nekuda. (402-559-8962 / firstname.lastname@example.org).
- To ensure a comfortable atmosphere for all, please be courteous and respectful to other members and CFHL staff.
- All users of our facility must check in at the front desk. Students, employees and members must have their IDs to check in at the CFHL.
- Prior to using the equipment, read warning and instruction placards on each machine.
- Return all equipment to their appropriate area when finished.
- If you are unsure how to use a machine, seek assistance from a CFHL staff.
- Report any piece of equipment that is not functioning properly to the CFHL front desk. Do not attempt to use, move, or fix any piece of equipment that is not functioning properly.
- CFHL is not responsible for any injury which may result from the use of any equipment.
- Children 13 years and under are not allowed in the cardio or weight area of the CFHL. They may use the gymnasium under parental supervision.
- Children ages 14 and over have full access to the facility with a paid membership or guest fee. They do not need parental supervision.
- No food or beverages (except water) are allowed in the CFHL.
- The CFHL takes no responsibility for loss of any personal items.
- The CFHL reserves the right to cancel memberships if these rules are not followed.
- Men are not required to wear shirts while playing basketball when playing “shirts & skins” and women are allowed to wear sports bras without wearing shirts over them.
- Shoes are not required to be worn during certain classes (yoga & tae-kwon-do).
Cardio & Weight Room
- Limit your time on the machines to 20—30 minutes when others are waiting.
- Return and rack weights when you are finished using them. Do not drop weights on the floor.
- Pick up personal effects (towels, water bottle, magazines, etc.).
- Wipe down equipment when exercise is completed.
- Chalk is not to be used in our facility.
- Wear appropriate attire and shoes (no cutoffs, sandals, or bare feet).
- Equipment should be used for the purpose it was intended for only.
- Equipment is not to be removed from the CFHL.
- Participants who lift free weights should have a spotter.
- Matrix Power Racks can be set up to be self-spotting & stops should be correctly adjusted on the plate-loaded machines.
If you have any questions regarding the
safe use of any equipment contact
Peter Pellerito, Fitness Specialist,
for instruction. (559-5253 / email@example.com
- Only non-marking, indoor athletic shoes are allowed on the courts.
- Spitting is permitted in the cuspidor only.
- No dunking
- No grasping/hanging on the basketball goals, nets or boards.
- No gum or tobacco products are allowed.
- Return all balls to racks when finished.
- Do not sit on the balls.
- Water bottles must have a resealable lid.
- Be considerate of people using the track – do not practice or keep personal belongings on the track.
- Please safeguard your belongings. CFHL is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Appropriate behavior and good sportsmanship is expected from everyone!
Table Tennis/Stretching Area
- Bags, coats and water bottles should not be placed on the table tennis tables or stretching machines.
- Do not sit on tables.
- Return paddles and balls to racks.
- Do not hit the table with the paddles.
- Please report any damaged equipment to the front desk
Fitness Classroom – Rules and Regulations
- Return all equipment to their appropriate area when finished and not in use.
- Water bottles must have resealable lids.
- Return workout cds to front desk.
Locker room – Rules and Regulations
- Return towels to front desk.
- Clean up after your self.
Children's PolicyChildren 13 and under:
- Admitted free but must have direct parental supervision
at all times
- Allowed access to the Activity Court ONLY
- NOT allowed in the Fitness Classrooms, Cardio, Weight, and Commons Areas (ping pong area) of the facility.
- Children are NOT allowed on any equipment or climbing/ jumping on/off furniture
- Failure to comply could result in membership cancellation
- Must have a membership or pay the $7 guest fee
- Are allowed full access to the facility
and do not require parental supervision