Research is essential for advancing knowledge about the cause of pediatric diseases and developing new approaches for their treatment. The research presented at the Pediatric Research Forum ranges from basic sciences to translational research and community studies showcasing our commitment to help all children live healthy lives.
Notice: Due to our response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are hosting the 2020 CHRI Pediatric Research Forum virtually.
Registration is now open and is required to view the abstracts, posters and to gain access to Zoom information for scheduled events. Please check back here on May 6 to complete your brief registration before the forum officially launches on the afternoon of May 7.
If you have a UNMC account, log in using your credentials here.
If you don't have a UNMC account, follow the below instructions to quickly register for the event:
- Go to the registration homepage
- Create your username – please use your name or a close variation as this will be what appears in the comments. You can use spaces. For example, “John Smith” or “Dr. John Smith”
- Enter your email address - use your institutional email address if possible
- Check your email for registration confirmation and select the first link listed to set your password
- Remove the generated password, replacing it with your own password
- Once your password is reset, you will see an option to log in
For screenshot instructions of the registration process, click here.
Schedule of Events
Thursday, May 7
4:30 p.m. Keynote Speaker: Gurudutt Pendyala, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, UNMC; CHRI Member
5:15 p.m. Trainee Award Ceremony: Ann L. Anderson Berry, M.D., Ph.D., Interim Executive Director, CHRI; Professor, Department of Pediatrics, UNMC; Division Chief, Neonatology, Children’s Hospital & Medical Center
Friday, May 8
8 a.m. Grand Rounds – Kimberley White, M.D., “Research During Residency Made Accessible”
8:30 a.m. Medical Student Award Ceremony, presented by:
Nathan Gollehon, M.D., MHPTT, FAAP, Vice Chair for Education, Assistant Professor of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, Pediatric Clerkship Director at UNMC, Children’s Hospital & Medical Center
John Schmidt, M.D., Associate Professor of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, Pediatric Clerkship Director at Creighton University School of Medicine, CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center-Bergan Mercy