The Pediatric Research Office currently supports over 230 active protocols. These include the following:
- 38 Industry-sponsored clinical trials
- 22 awards from National Institutes of Health (NIH), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), or Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- 75 Investigator-initiated trials
- 74 Children’s Oncology Group studies
We are a subcontract site to:
- Boston Children's Hospital/Harvard University
- University of Pennsylvania
- Penn State University
- University of Wisconsin
- University of Utah
- University of Alabama (Collaborative Antiviral Study Group)
- Oregon Health Sciences University
- Baylor University Medical Center
Our divisions of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology (UNMC and Children’s Hospital & Medical Center) are designated as a Children’s Oncology Group location.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation provides funding for and accredits more than 110 cystic fibrosis care centers and 55 affiliate programs nationwide, including 96 programs for treating adults with CF. Our division of Pediatric Pulmonology participates as a site and has an adult program as well. The high quality of specialized care available throughout the care center network has led to the improved length and quality of life for people with CF. Located at teaching and community hospitals across the country, these care centers offer the best care, treatments, and support for those with CF. Each center undergoes thorough review by the CF Foundation’s Center Committee before it receives accreditation and funding. This review for accreditation occurs every year.