The mission of the College of Medicine at the University of Nebraska Medical Center is to promote and improve the health of the citizens of Nebraska by advancing health and biomedical sciences through the highest quality education, patient care, research excellence and community service. We will pursue innovation and national and international leadership by:
- Preparing health sciences professionals for practicing tomorrow’s medicine and encouraging them to practice in Nebraska, including underserved communities.
- Targeting efforts in health and biomedical sciences research to support our strengths and our mission and to respond to the needs of the citizens of the state of Nebraska.
- Integrating education and research to foster cost effective health care and outreach programs.
- Providing equal opportunities for our students, faculty, staff and patients to achieve their full potential.
- Maintaining a distinguished faculty and providing resources to assure excellence in education, patient care and research programs.