The Edward A. Holyoke, M.D., Ph.D., Society is a permanent recognition society dedicated to the memory and many contributions of a legendary professor, mentor and friend of the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Medicine.
The Society honors Dr. Edward Holyoke's sincere dedication to medical education for 50 years at UNMC. His vision, leadership and passion are reflected today by donors to the College of Medicine. Thus, the Holyoke Society is an exclusive cadre for our most invested alumni and friends, sharing the college's vision and demonstrating their commitment through their leadership support.
The Holyoke Society recognizes and applauds physicians who provide support by making a gift of $100,000 or more to the UNMC College of Medicine. Since the society was established, individual honorees have expanded opportunities for experiential education for students, developed our talented faculty, advanced cutting-edge discovery and transformed our campus.
As prestigious Holyoke Society inductees, your visionary and strategic investment in UNMC is celebrated in the following ways:
- Presented with Holyoke Society plaque
- Prominent inscription of name on Holyoke Society Honor Roll in the Michael F. Sorrell Center for Health Science Education
- Virtual recognition on the UNMC College of Medicine website
- Periodic special communications from the dean
- Invitations to lectures and seminars led by distinguished faculty and/or visiting scholars and other campus events