PROFESSIONAL BEHAVIORS: Besides cognitive and psychomotor skills, the student will demonstrate professionalism. Expectations for professionalism include but are not limited to:
- Attendance at regularly scheduled instruction
- Relating well to patients and establishing sensitive and professional relationships with them
- Responding to criticism by appropriate modification of behavior
- Interacting effectively, humanely and consistently with faculty, peers, all members of the health care team and support staff
- Demonstrating honesty, courtesy, and integrity in all aspects of interaction with patients and others be it public or private
- Being punctual and dependable
- Being receptive to instruction by faculty and staff
- Exhibiting grooming, dress and hygiene commensurate with responsibilities
- Demonstrating a knowledge of medical ethics
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times.
Medical students are assessed on their professional behaviors in all required cores/blocks and clerkships using the Medical Citizenship Evaluation Form.
For Years 1 and 2, this form is filled out by faculty.
For Years 3 and 4, this form is filled out by faculty.