Students will receive a doctor of medicine degree if they are at least 21 years old, possess good moral character and meet the following requirements:
- Have studied medicine for at least two years at UNMC's College of Medicine.
- Have received grades of H, HP, P or M in all courses in compliance with SEC Guidelines.
- Have passed USMLE Step 1.
- Have registered for USMLE Step 2 Clinical Knowledge and Clinical Skills at least one month prior to graduation.
- Have passed an objective structured clinical examination (OSCE) during phase 3.
- Have current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Recorded completion of required clinical skills and experiences.
- Have discharged all indebtedness to, and compliance requirements of, the University of Nebraska.
Students who do not complete their graduation requirements prior to April 1st of their senior year will not be allowed to participate in the hooding/honors ceremony and graduation program.
Approved by the Curriculum Committee February 28, 2017
Modified by the Curriculum Committee June 27, 2017
Modified by the Curriculum Committee November 28, 2017
Modified by the Curriculum Committee September 25, 2018