Students will receive a doctor of medicine degree if they are at least 21 years old, possess good moral character and meet the following requirements:
- Have studied medicine for at least two years at UNMC's College of Medicine.
- Have passed all examinations and received grades of "P" or above in all courses.
- Have passed USMLE Step 1.
- Have registered for USMLE Step 2 Clinical Knowledge and Clinical Skills at least one month prior to graduation.
- Have passed an objective structured clinical examination (OSCE) during phase 3.
- Have successfully completed the ultrasound and quality curricula through all four years. Please see the Quality Improvement 4-year Curriculum Proposal.
- Have current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Recorded completion of required clinical skills and experiences.
- Have discharged all indebtedness to, and compliance requirements, of the University of Nebraska.
Students who do not complete their graduation requirements prior to April 1st of their senior year will not be allowed to participate in the hooding/honors and graduation program.
Approved by the Curriculum Committee June 27, 2017