Requirements for Graduation (Class of 2020) include the following:
|Basic Required Clerkships:||Duration|
|Family Medicine Community Preceptorship||6 weeks|
|Internal Medicine Clerkship||9 weeks|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology Clerkship||4.5 weeks|
|Pediatrics Clerkship||6 weeks|
|Psychiatry Clerkship||4.5 weeks|
|Surgery Clerkship||6 weeks|
|3 Months exploratory rotations||April, May and June|
SENIOR YEAR IS 10 MONTHS LONG (July-April)
Minimum of 7 months of electives 4 weeks/each
Senior Selective (M4 year) 4 weeks
Capstone (April of M4 year) 4 weeks
Sample scheduling worksheet is available here or copies of
worksheets are available from the Office of Admissions and Student Affairs.
All electives are pre-arranged with the department coordinators. After completing
the paper schedule, students will enter the pre-arranged choices in OASIS, the College of Medicine’s online student scheduling system. Coordinators will then approve or deny registration. Elective
choices will be denied if they were not pre-arranged before entering the elective in
The 2019 - 2020 Senior Elective catalog becomes available. Schedule an appointment to meet with your Clinical Curriculum Advisor to work on your scheduling worksheet.
Students may begin contacting coordinators by email on Sunday, February 17, 2019
at 6 PM to request electives.
Deadline for submitting first choice options in OASIS
Friday, March 22, 2019
All electives must be approved before entering them into OASIS. All months of the M4 year must be completed in OASIS with a combination of UNMC courses, up to 3 away rotations, and up to 1 month of vacation.
Please select a UNMC elective for any tentative away rotations to guarantee a placement for each month of your senior year. Coordinators will approve or deny requests for electives which should be discussed with coordinators BEFORE being entered into OASIS. Requests to replace denied options can
be entered as they occur.
Schedules are reviewed by Student Affairs and Advisors for necessary adjustments. Check "My Records" and clear any holds to prepare for registration. Immunization updates should be submitted during April.
Tentative schedules are finalized in OASIS. An email notifying that Drop/Adds can begin will be sent and can then occur UNTIL May 17, 2019.
Registration will take place. Your schedule then becomes a registration record in the Office of Academic Records. After this occurs, any change to your schedule will require a drop/add during specified weeks. (Please see detailed drop/add procedures).
- If you are planning a vacation please indicate so by signing up for: OASA_900 Vacation in OASIS
- Electives may be taken off-campus (out of Nebraska) with prior departmental approval. The most current information about off-campus electives can be obtained from VSAS (Visiting Student Application Service) – or the visiting school’s website. (Please see off-campus elective procedures.)
- Sign-up for the appropriate departmental away rotation in OASIS for any out-of-state rotations you are planning to take. These will not be approved until you have been accepted and completed the necessary Application for Off Campus Elective through the department.
- It is highly advised to have an advisor look over your desired schedule.
- If you have questions pertaining to scheduling please contact Lisa Paquette, MSC 4044).
- Questions specific to electives should be directed to the department’s coordinator.