MD Honors Thesis
The MD honors thesis for medical students is one way students can graduate with honors. The goal of this program is to encourage students to engage in scientific research during medical school.
- Students must rank in the upper 40% of their class
- Receive no grades less than "Pass" at the end of the first two years of medical school
- Academic eligibility is determined by the Student Evaluation Committee
- Research proposal deadline: before the first Monday of January of the junior year.
- A thesis is written and due on or before the first Monday of January of the senior year.
- A thesis that receives an Honors designation is eligible for graduation with Honors.
- Honors based on academic performance may receive higher Honors designations (e.g. Distinction, High Distinction, Highest Distinction) based on the Honors thesis.
The Office of Research and Development is responsible for the evaluation of scientific merit and approval of the proposal. The Research and Development Committee also has the responsibility of final scientific evaluation of the thesis and recommends to the Student Evaluation Committee if the thesis merits the Honors designation.
For more information contact: Jen Brady or visit: https://www.unmc.edu/com/research/opportunities-students.html