Educational Support Grants are made available to the College of Medicine faculty to encourage advancements in health professions education. Grants are awarded to faculty to support the implementation of innovative educational programs. Grants are for a one-year period and are awarded based on the benefit to students in a degree program, the faculty member, and the College of Medicine.
Examples of past grants that have been awarded: purchase of equipment for use in clinical education, development of a web-based educational program/course/tutorial, and purchase of software for use in instructional settings.
Staff or faculty salary support is not available through Educational Support Grants. Grant funds may be used to pay part-time, temporary workers, such as students who are contracted exclusively for this project.
- Eligibility: Any COM faculty member who is involved in the teaching of students.
- Frequency: No more than one grant is awarded to any individual in a two-year span.
- Amount: Up to $5000 per grant is available.
- Application: A one to two-page application is required (see requirements below).
- Selection process: Applications will be reviewed by the Educational Support Grant Committee, which will make recommendations to the Dean for final approval.
- The application deadline will be indicated in the email announcement sent to department chairs each year.
The application is submitted using an online form. Information requested:
- Applicant’s name, department, position, and educational credentials (i.e. involvement in education, not a comprehensive CV)
- Description of the proposed project
- Amount requested, with an itemized budget (include a quote or catalogs for equipment purchases)
- A description of the measures of success for the project
- A description of the benefit to students, to the applicant, and to the College of Medicine, including an estimate of the number of students who will be impacted by the project
At the end of the grant cycle, a summary letter to the Dean will be required.
Complete this online form and submit it for consideration. The 2021 application period is Jan 15 - March 15.
For more information, contact Kathryn Dybdall - firstname.lastname@example.org