When applying to medical school using the on-line AMCAS application, students should indicate that they are applying to a combined Medical Degree/Ph.D. program. This will ensure that the application is forwarded to the M.D./Ph.D. Scholars Program office. In addition to the on-line application, the applicant should forward two letters of recommendation provided by individuals qualified to evaluate the student's research potential.
A few items to remember:
- Even though you are applying to two programs, only one application fee is required.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores will help the committee in its evaluation of applicants.
- Those applicants meeting the basic criteria will be invited for an interview with the M.D./Ph.D. Scholars Committee.
Select your research department
There are several graduate programs which offer the Ph.D. within the College of Medicine:
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Genetics, Cell Biology and Anatomy
- Pathology and Microbiology
- Pharmacology and Experimental Neuroscience
- Cellular and Integrative Physiology
In addition, you can choose the Medical Sciences Interdepartmental Area. This program allows you to customize your research experience.