Due to UNMC and the University of Nebraska's policies designed to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, several campus events have been canceled or postponed.
To share information about your event on this list, send information to firstname.lastname@example.org. The list will be updated as new information arrives.
Cancellations and postponements:
- All Re-Imagining U courses from the spring semester have been canceled.
- The UNO Writing Center and Writing Center @ UNMC will be closed through March 29. All online and in-person appointments during this time are canceled. The Writing Center will open beginning March 30 for online assistance only. Appointments are required for online sessions. To make an online appointment, students should read and follow these instructions.
- The 2020 Supplier Showcase, scheduled for Tuesday, March 17, at the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) Milo Bail Student Center, has been canceled.
- The Music as Medicine concert set for March 19 has been canceled. The remainder of the 2019-20 Music as Medicine series also has been canceled.
- The Graduate Studies Professional Development Lunch & Learn event (Communicating Science to the Lay Public), originally set for March 19, has been rescheduled for Sept. 17. The event originally set for April 16 (Psychological Safety) has been rescheduled for Oct. 15.
- The Art + Heal = CREATE creativity workshop with Opera Omaha for UNMC staff, scheduled for March 19, has been canceled.
- Nebraska Medicine's Volunteer Services department's semi-annual Collective Goods/Book Sale, originally set for March 24-26, has been canceled.
- The UNMC College of Public Health Alumni Reunion, originally set for March 27, has been postponed and will be rescheduled. All registrants will be refunded.
- The memorial service for Dr. Ramon Fusaro, originally set for March 28, has been postponed.
- The John S. Latta Lecture, originally set for April 7, has been postponed and will be rescheduled.
- The Munroe-Meyer Institute Student Poster Session, originally scheduled for April 10, has been canceled.
- The Davis History of Medicine Lecture, originally set for April 14, will be rescheduled.
- The College of Allied Health Professions/College of Nursing Backstage Pass Event, scheduled for April 15 at the Health Science Education Center in Kearney, has been canceled.
- The Presidential Investiture of Ted Carter scheduled for April 17, has been postponed.
- The Harman Lecture, originally scheduled for April 17, has been canceled.
- The April 21 dedication ceremony for the Dr. Edwin G. & Dorothy Balbach Davis Global Center, and other celebratory events occurring that week (April 20-24) will be postponed.
- Administrative Professionals Day, originally set for April 22, has been canceled.
- The Munroe-Meyer Institute Education Celebration, originally scheduled for April 24, has been canceled.
- The UNMC Alumni Association's event, Showdown in O-Town, originally scheduled for April 28, has been canceled. All registrants will be refunded.
- Retirement Seminar that was scheduled for May 21st has been postponed. If you have any questions please contact Amanda Rasco at Amanda.email@example.com.
- The IT-Academic Technology digital consultation sessions will be available via Zoom only. All in-person, drop-in sessions have been canceled.
- The Olson Center brown bag, "Why SANE Nursing? A Holistic Approach to Caring for Survivors After Sexual Assault," scheduled for March 17, will be offered online. Please call 402-559-4579 for details.
- Chancellor Gold's March 20 forum will be virtual; the UNMC community can attend via Zoom.