1. Who will provide my care?
Our exceptional dental hygiene students who are supervised by our outstanding faculty. Meet our team.
2. What should I expect for cost?
We offer significantly reduced fees compared to regional dental fees. We offer the expertise and value you won’t find anywhere else. More about fees and insurance.
3. What should I expect during my visit?
– We provide the highest quality dental care using cutting-edge dental technology.
– We ensure every patient has a comfortable, personalized experience. Meet our patients.
– Our patients have an important role in the education of our oral health professionals.
4. How do I make an appointment?
Call 402-472-1333. See other patient FAQs.
About Dental Cleanings
During a dental cleaning, our dental hygiene students will:
– perform an oral assessment
– remove plaque and tartar from your teeth
– take radiographs, if applicable
– provide fluoride and sealants, if applicable
Most patients receive a prophylaxis dental cleaning, which are used to clean healthy teeth in order to prevent them from becoming affected by tooth decay or gum disease. Prophylaxis cleanings remove plaque and tartar from the front, back and sides of teeth.
Patients who need deep cleanings will receive scaling or root planing cleanings, which are used to both the teeth and gum pockets in order to treat gingivitis and periodontitis.
– Scaling is the process that removes plaque and tartar from the tooth’s surface and in the gum pockets below the gum line that form as a result of gum disease. Not only does this remove bacteria, but it also helps to reduce gum inflammation.
– Root planing is the process of smoothing the tooth roots, which helps the gums reattach to teeth and eliminate gum pockets.
UNMC College of Dentistry
Lincoln Dental Clinic
4000 East Campus Loop South
Lincoln, NE 68583-0740
Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Billing & Insurance: 402-472-1333
Emergency after hours (for current patients only): 402-670-6032