|Dr. Jeffery Markt
|Dr. Steven Fox
|Friday, November 18, 2022
Live Online (Zoom)
Dr. Jeffery Markt
Dr. Steven Fox
|3 CE hours
|1:00pm - 4:15pm
Alumni Dentist: $125
Alumni Hygienist: $65
Dr. Markt specializes in Maxillofacial Prosthetics which is a subspecialty of Prosthodontics.
Dr. Markt was raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He obtained his Bachelor's Degree from Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri and his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Missouri at Kansas City (UMKC). Dr. Markt practiced general dentistry in Cameron, Missouri before returning to the UMKC for his prosthodontic residency. After a maxillofacial prosthetic fellowship at the University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Dr. Markt taught in the predoctoral dental curriculum at the Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine and directed the maxillofacial prosthetic service at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. Dr. Markt joined the University of Nebraska Medical Center in January of 2008.
Dr. Markt’s clinical interests include the rehabilitation of patients with oral or facial deficits relating to the surgical removal of tumors or head and neck trauma, the habilitation of patients with congenital craniofacial defects, oral and dental health as it relates to head and neck radiation therapy, titanium implant supported and retained prostheses, dental appliances to address obstructive sleep apnea, removable prosthetics (dentures and partial dentures), and fixed prosthetics (crown and bridge dentistry).
An Overview of Maxillofacial Prosthetics at the UNMC
Course Description: Coming Soon
At the conclusion of this course, participants will understand:
1. the general scope of a maxillofacial prosthetic practice within a tertiary care setting.
- Steven Fox, DDS, F.A.C.D, is a 1985 Graduate of Case Western Reserve School of Dental Medicine.
- Fox maintained a private practice with his father, Dr. Clifford Fox, from 1985-2010
- Acquired National Recognition Teaching Dentists TMD/Kinematic Facebows / Centric Relation Interocclusal Records/Pantographic tracings and Full Mouth Reconstruction with Dr. Clifford Fox 1990-2010
- Associate Professor in the Department of Comprehensive Care, Case Western Reserve School of Dental Medicine
- Fellow of the American College of Dentists with memberships in Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Honor Society, The American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics, the American Equilibration Society and ADEA
- Preceptor (group lead) Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine, from 1995-2021
- Director of TMD and Occlusion at Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine 1989-2012 and 2019-2021
- Director of Quality Assurance Program 2015-2021, Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine
- Co-Director of the Evidence Based Dentistry Clinical Program in the Junior and Senior Clinics, Case Western Reserve University, School of Dental Medicine
- New Full time faculty member of UNMC College of Dentistry
- Concentration in Quality Assurance, TMD, Partial Dentures and Clinical Dentistry
No relevant financial relationships exist.
Diagnosis and Management of Two Common Condyle-Disc Conditions of the Temporomandibular Joint
- Differential diagnosis and management of disc dislocation with reduction and disc dislocation without reduction
- review TMJ anatomy
- Etiology of disc displacements
- Recognize the differences between a Stabilization and Anterior Reposition Appliance
- Understand the adaptive retrodiscal tissues
- Differences between a maxillary and mandibular stabilization appliance
Method of teaching: Lecture/discussion
The University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry Office of Continuing Education is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.
The College is a member of the American Dental Education Association and the Association for Continuing Dental Education.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry Office of Continuing Education designates this activity for 3 continuing education credits.