The UNMC College of Dentistry began its museum in 1977, under Dean Richard E. Bradley. The museum collection represents the history of dentistry in Nebraska, which began in the 1850s. The collection exhibits include:
- Five period dental offices from the 1850s-1930s
- A laboratory from the 1890s-1900s
- Thousands of dental artifacts
The museum collection has grown to the point that there is not enough space to house it, so each year during the alumni reunion in the fall, the museum is brought to life throughout the college in special displays.
The Dental Museum's hours for 2017:
- Wednesday, September 6: 8:00-5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 7: 8:00-5:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 8: 8:00-5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 9: 8:00-5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, September 10: By Appointment Only
- Monday, September 11: 8:00-5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 12: 8:00-9:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 13: 8:00-9:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 14: 8:00-5:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 15: 8:00-5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 16: 8:00-12:00 p.m.
The museum is open to the public and admission is free. The curator of the museum, from 1977 to present, is Dr. Stanton D. Harn.