|Date:||May 6-7, 2019|
|Location:||UNMC College of Dentistry
|Instructor:||Amanda Dolen and Jaimee Shropshire
|Credits:||14 CE hours|
Lincoln: Registration Form
Dental assistant is at least 18 years of age
7:45 a.m. CST (Lincoln)
Day 1 & Day 2 - 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Lincoln)
No relevant financial relationships exist.
A board-approved professional techniques course on coronal polishing including didactic instruction and clinical participation for the dental auxiliary.
- Recognize dental anatomy and physiology of the hard and soft tissues of the deciduous and permanent oral facial complex.
- Understand the correct management of the hard/soft tissues during coronal polishing procedures.
- Know appropriate patient and operator positions.
- Identify universal precautions and infection control.
- Perform laboratory exercises utilizing manikins or extracted teeth.
- Apply indications and contraindications for coronal polishing, armamentarium, and principles of polishing agents.
Method of Teaching: Didactic instruction/clinical participation
The University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry Office of Continuing Education is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.
The college is a member of the American Dental Education Association and the Association for Continuing Dental Education.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry Office of Continuing Education designates this activity for 14 hours of continuing education.