Title: Associate Professor, Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs
Department of Adult Restorative Dentistry
UNMC College of Dentistry
4000 East Campus Loop South
Lincoln, NE 68583-0740
Telephone: (402) 472-6259
Fax: (402) 472-5290
- B.A., Biology, State University of New York at Binghamton, 1979
- D.M.D., University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, 1983
- Certificate, General Practice Residency, The Graduate Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1984
- Certificate, Advanced Graduate Studies in Prosthodontics, Boston University, 1986
- J.D., Touro College Law Center, 1996
- M.B.A., H. Wayne Huizenga School of Business and Entrepreneurship, 2015
- Teach one day per week in the pre-doctoral clinic covering prosthetic procedures
- Investigating different teaching methods to better align with students’ demonstrated abilities and desires
- “Influence of gutta-percha removal techniques on bond strength of fiber reinforced posts and dentin.” PI: Dr. Steven E. Haas. Authors: Haas, S.E., Oliveira, L.C.A., Sayin, S.T., Palmer, M., Hardigan, P. Funding: HPD Research Grant (5,000.00).
- “One-step or two-step excavation of deep caries lesion? Randomized Clinical Trial.” PI: Luana Oliveira. Authors: Oliveira, L.C.A., Haas, S.E., Galka, A.L., Lippman, H., Far, A. Funding: President's Faculty Research & Development Grant (10,000.00).
- “Treatment plan of a discolored single central incisor. Understanding the decision-making process.” PI: Luana Oliveira. Authors: Oliveira, L.C.A., Haas, S.E., Dutra, K., Ismail, E. Funding: HPD Research Grant.
- “Bond strength of fiber posts cemented with different resin-based luting cements.” PI: Giuliana Dias - Second Year Post-Graduate Prosthodontics Student. Authors: Haas, S.E., Oliveira, L.C.A., Sayin, T.C. Funding: 5,000.00 Class of 2014.
- Nack, B., Haas, S.E., Portnof, J. Opioid use disorder in dental patients: the latest on how to identify, treat, refer and apply laws and regulations in your practice. Anesth Prog. Fall 2017; 64(3), 178-187.
- Haas, S.E. Implant-supported, long –span fixed partial denture for a schleroderma patient: a clinical report. J. Pros. Dent. 2002; 78(2), 136-139.
- Durski, M.T., Metz, M., Crim, G. Haas, S.E., Mazur, R.F., Vieira, S. Effect of chlorhexidine treatment prior to fiber post cementation on long-term resin cement bond strength. Accepted for publication to the Journal of Operative Dentistry.
- Served on the Governmental Affairs Committee - NY
- Served as reviewer for the Office of Professional Discipline - NY
- Served on the District Claims Committee for the Suffolk County Dental Society - NY
- Served as reviewer for the Peer Review Committee for the Suffolk County Dental Society - NY
- Reviewer, Journal of Prosthodontics