Title: Assistant Professor
Department of Oral Biology
UNMC College of Dentistry
4000 East Campus Loop South
Lincoln, NE 68583-0740
Telephone: (402) 472-1370
Fax: (402) 472-2551
- BS (Mechanical Engineering), University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, Colorado
- DDS, University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine, Aurora, Colorado
- Certificate (Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology), University of California, Los Angeles School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, California
- Diplomate, The American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
- Course Director, Oral Radiology for Dental Hygiene (ORBI 304)
- Course Director, Clinical Dental Radiography for Dental Hygiene (ORBI 415)
- Course Director, Introduction to Oral Radiology (ORBI 561)
- Course Director, Radiographic Interpretation (ORBI 562)
- Module Coordinator, Dental Radiology (CCC D3, DENT 662)
- Module Coordinator, Dental Radiology (CCC D4, DENT 663)
- CBCT scan analysis on obstructive sleep apnea patients
- 3D segmentation of CBCT scans
- Link to CBCT Imaging & Reporting Service
- Kim, S., Lakhani, U., Garguri, T., Grin, P., Merrill, R.L., and Mallya, S.M. Morphological changes in the upper airway with mandibular repositioning appliances. American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology Annual Session, Orlando, FL, September 2014.
- Kim, S., Sepahdari, A., Salamon, N., and Mallya, S. Dental implants: Basic knowledge for the radiologist. American Society of Head and Neck Radiology Annual Session, Seattle, WA, September 2014.
- Kim, S., Tetradis, S., and Mallya, S. Complications of silastic chin augmentation implants: A report of four cases. American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology Annual Session, Los Angeles, CA, October 2013.