UNMC College of Dentistry
4000 East Campus Loop South
Lincoln NE 68583-0740
Telephone: (402) 472-1118
Fax: (402) 472-5290
- B.D.S. (Hons), University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
- Ph.D., Anaerobic Bacteriology, Institute of Anaerobic Bacteriology, Gifu University School of Medicine and Osaka University, Faculty of Dentistry, Japan
- Certificate in Orthodontics, University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry
- ORT 576 Orthodontic Concept 1- Course Director
- OBIO 849, Biophysical principles- Instructor
- OBIO 850, Biophysical principles- Instructor
- OBIG 840, Cranio facial Growth and Development- Director
- OBIG 841, Cranio facial Growth and Development- Director
- PG Principles of Mechanics- Instructor
- PG Cephalometrics- Instructor
- Postgraduate program research projects- Director
- Critical Review of Current Literature- Instructor
- Clinical Orthodontic Seminars- Instructor
Oral microbiome and its association with oral and systemic diseases, sleep apnea, airway dynamics and oral appliances, and clinical orthodontic research involving causation and prevention of white spot lesions, periodontal tissue health and orthodontic appliances - especially functional appliances.
- Premaraj TS, Scott JR, Burns ME, Premaraj SP. CBCT evaluation of volumetric changes in the upper airway following repositioning the mandible to centric relation. In: McNamara JA, Shelgikar AV, eds. Sleep Apnea: What Every Clinician (and Patient) Should Know. Craniofacial Growth Series, Center for Human Growth and Development, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 2018;54:381-399.
- Premaraj SP, Luong B, Sung K, Premaraj TS. Cervical spine angles, Craniocervical posture, Neck length and Oropharyngeal airway analyses of sleep apnea patients in both supine and upright positions: A retrospective three-dimensional imaging study. In: McNamara JA, Shelgikar AV, eds. Sleep Apnea: What Every Clinician (and Patient) Should Know. Craniofacial Growth Series, Center for Human Growth and Development, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 2018;54:319-347.
- Premaraj S and Premaraj TS. Orthodontic loading and SOST/Sclerostin expression in alveolar osteocytes. SriLanka Journal of Orthodontics 2018 1(01) 28-33
- Premaraj TS, Rohani N, Covey D, Premaraj S. In –Vitro Evaluation of desirable properties of Orthodontic Sealants to Prevent White Spot Lesions, Orthodontics & Craniofacial Research, 2017;1-5.
- Premaraj.T, Rohani.N, Covey.D, Premaraj.S and H. Watanabe, An in-vitro evaluation of mechanical and esthetics properties of orthodontic sealants, European Journal of Dentistry ( EJD), 2014; 8(4)- will be published between Oct-Dec. 2014.
- Premaraj.T, Simet. S, Beatty. M and S. Premaraj, Oral epithelial cell reaction following exposure to Invisalign® Plastic, American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics (AJO-DO), 2013, 145 (1) : 64-71.
- Premaraj.S, I. Souza, T. Premaraj, Focal adhesion kinase mediates Beta catenin signaling in periodontal ligament cells, Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 2013 , 439(4): 487- 452.
- Raheleh Miralami, Laura Koepsell, Thyagaseely Premaraj, Bongok Kim, Geoffrey M. Thiele, J. Graham Sharp, Kevin L. Garvin and Fereydoon Namavar (2013). Comparing Biocompatibility of Nanocrystalline Titanium and Titanium-Oxide with Microcrystalline Titanium. MRS Proceedings, 1569, mrss13-1569-nn15-22 doi:10.1557/opl.2013.804.
- Premaraj.S, I. Souza, T. Premaraj, mechanical loading activates beta-catenin signaling in periodontal ligament cells, The Angle orthodontist, 2011 81(4), 592-9.
- T.S. Premaraj, J. Scott, M. Burns and S. Premaraj, Volumetric Airway Changes with Mandibular Repositioning at CR by CBCT, J Dent Res, 95(Spec Iss B): 1080, 2016
- C. Schultz, S. Premaraj and T.S. Premaraj, Changes in Upper Airway Volume Following Surgical Removal of Adenoids, J Dent Res, 95(Spec Iss B): 1082, 2016
- T. S. Premaraj, C. Anderson, S. Premaraj and S. Fernando, Bacterial community structure in endodontic infections, J Dent Res., 93 (Spec Iss B): 394, 2014
- N. Rohani, H. Watanabe, D. Covey and T.S. Premaraj, Evaluation of Mechanical and Esthetic Properties of Orthodontic Sealants, J Dent Res 93 (Spec Iss B): 2014
- S. Premaraj and T.S. Premaraj, Orthodontic Loading and SOST/Sclerostin Expression in Rat Alveolar Osteocytes, J Dent Res 93 (Spec Iss B): 2014
- B. Kim, T. S. Premaraj and F. Namavar, Cell response to Nano structured Zirconium Oxide Coated Titanium, J Dent Res., 93 (Spec Iss B): 2014
- A. Meyer, S. Premaraj, M. Beatty and T. S. Premaraj, Oral Epithelial Cell Response to Orthodontic Plastic - Preliminary Report, J Dent Res., 91 (Spec Iss B): 366, 2012
- K. Russell, T. S. Premaraj, and S. Premaraj, Expression of Chemokines in Periodontal Tissues during Orthodontic Tooth Movement, J Dent Res., 91 (Spec Iss B): 641, 2012
- S. Premaraj, F. Chau and T. S. Premaraj, Tooth Extraction/Hypofunction-Induced Changes in Alveolar Osteocyte Expression of SOST/Sclerostin, J Dent Res., 91 (Spec Iss B): 1617, 2012
- CBCT Evaluation of Volumetric Changes in the Upper Airway Following repositioning of the Mandible to Centric Relation, T.S. Premaraj, S. Jason, M. Burns and S. Premaraj. Poster Presentation, IADR, South Korea, June 2016
- Bacterial community structure in Endodontic Infections, T. S. Premaraj, C.A. Anderson, S. Premaraj and S. Fernando, Poster Presentation, IADR, South Africa. June 2014
- Evaluation of Mechanical and Esthetic Properties of Orthodontic Sealants, N. Rohani, H. Watanabe, D. Covey and T. S. Premaraj, Poster Presentation at IADR, South Africa, June 2014
- B. Kim, T. S. Premaraj and F. Namavar, Cell response to Nano structured Zirconium Oxide Coated, Poster Presentation at IADR, South Africa, June 2014
- Oral Epithelial Cell Response to Orthodontic Plastic - Preliminary Report, C. Hopke, S. Premaraj, T. S. Premaraj, Poster Presentation at the Annual meeting of AAO, Honolulu, HI, May 2012
Honors and Awards
- DH Reinhardt Scholar Award, 2016
- AAO, Academy of Academic Leadership Sponsorship Program Award for participation in ITL, 2013
- AAOF, Robert E. Binder Teaching Fellowship Award, 2013
- AAOF, Full time Faculty, Teaching Fellowship Award, 2012
- Charley Schultz Resident Scholar Award, 2010
- American Association of Orthodontists
- International Association of Dental Research
- American Society of Microbiology
- American Dental Association/Nebraska Dental Association
- Midwest Society of Orthodontists
- Sri Lanka Dental Association