UNMC College of Dentistry
4000 East Campus Loop South
Lincoln NE 68583-0740
Telephone: (402) 472-1118
Fax: (402) 472-5290
- BDS (Hons), University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
- PhD, Anaerobic Bacteriology, Institute of Anaerobic Bacteriology, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu University, Japan
- Certificate in Orthodontics, University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry
- ORT 576 Orthodontic Concept 1, Course Director
- ORT 588 Orthodontic Concepts II, Course Director
- ORT 590 Orthodontic Technique, Course Director
- OBIO 849, Biophysical principles, Instructor
- OBIO 850, Biophysical principles, Instructor
- OBIG 840, Cranio facial Growth and Development- Director
- PG Principles of Mechanics, Instructor
- PG Cephalometrics, Instructor
- Postgraduate program research projects, Director
- Critical Review of Current Literature,Instructor
- Clinical Orthodontic Seminars, Instructor
- Anaerobic Bacteriology
- Molecular Microbiology, Oral Microbes
- Mechanical Loading Responses to Periodontal Ligament Cells
- Premaraj.T, Rohani.N, Covey.D, Premaraj.S and H. Watanabe, An in-vitro evaluation of mechanical and esthetics properties of orthodontic sealants, European Journal of Dentistry ( EJD), 2014; 8(4)- will be published between Oct-Dec. 2014.
- Premaraj.T, Simet. S, Beatty. M and S. Premaraj, Oral epithelial cell reaction following exposure to Invisalign® Plastic, American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics (AJO-DO), 2013, 145 (1) : 64-71.
- Premaraj.S, I. Souza, T. Premaraj, Focal adhesion kinase mediates Beta catenin signaling in periodontal ligament cells, Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 2013 , 439(4): 487- 452.
- Raheleh Miralami, Laura Koepsell, Thyagaseely Premaraj, Bongok Kim, Geoffrey M. Thiele, J. Graham Sharp, Kevin L. Garvin and Fereydoon Namavar (2013). Comparing Biocompatibility of Nanocrystalline Titanium and Titanium-Oxide with Microcrystalline Titanium. MRS Proceedings, 1569, mrss13-1569-nn15-22 doi:10.1557/opl.2013.804.
- Premaraj.S, I. Souza, T. Premaraj, mechanical loading activates beta-catenin signaling in periodontal ligament cells, The Angle orthodontist, 2011 81(4), 592-9.
- Xia Q, Yu Z, Premaraj T, Williams T, Morrison M, Real time PCR and PCR-DGGE analyses of stool microbiomes from infants fed human breast milk, infant formula, or formula with added fructo-oligosaccharides. Reproduction, Nutrition and Development, 2006: 46 (S1) : S81- S123.
- Leys EJ, Premaraj T, Rumpf R, Griffin AL, Bacteroides forsythus strain ATCC 43037 16S-23S Intergenic spacer region, complete sequence NCBI nucleotide sequence 2002: AF466818.
- Amano A, Premaraj T, Kuboniwa M, Nakagawa I, Shizukushi S, Morisaki I, Hamada S, Altered Antigenicity in Periodontitis Patients and Decreased Adhesion of Porphyromonas Gingivalis by Environmental Temperature Stress. Oral Microbiol Immunol 2001: 16: 124-128.
- Premaraj T, Kato N, Fukui K, Kato H, Watanabe K, Use of PCR and Sodium Dodecyl Sulphate Polyacrylamide Gel Electrophoresis Techniques for Differentiation of Prevotella Intermedia Sensu Stricto and Prevotella Nigrescens. J Clin Microbiol 1999: 37: 1057-1061.
- Fukui K, Premaraj T, Kato N, Kato H, Watanabe K, Tatematsu N. Incidence of Prevotella intermedia and Prevotella nigrescens carriage among family members with sub clinical periodontal disease. Japanese Journal of the Association for Anaerobic Infection. 1999; 29:87-94
- Fukui K, Kato N, Premaraj T, Kato H, Watanabe K and Tatematsu N. Application of PCR ribotyping to Prevotella intermedia/ nigrescens and intra-familial transmission. Proceedings of the annual meeting of the Japanese Association for Anaerobic infections research; 1999:28; 64-69
- J. Stengle, L. Talluri, I. Souza, T Premaraj and S. Premaraj, "Prostaglandin E2 Activates Beta-Catenin Signaling in Periodontal Ligament (PDL) Cells," Journal of Dental Research, 89 (Spec Iss B): 3748, 2010
- S. Premaraj, I. Souza, L. Talluri, M. Guerrero, J. Barta, T. Premaraj, "Mechanical Strain Activates Beta-catenin Signaling in Periodontal Ligament (PDL) Cells," Journal of Dental Research, 89 (Spec Iss A): 1294, 2010
- T. Premaraj, D. Defay, K. Vig, S. Shanker, F.M. Beck, A.R. Firestone, "Reliability and Validity of Orthognathic Quality of Life Questionnaire in American Population," Journal of Dental Research, 86 (Spec Iss A): 0474, 2007
- D. Defay, T. Premaraj, A. Firestone, K. Vig, S. Shanker, F.M. Beck, "Reliability and Validity of Patient Interview Form,"Journal of Dental Research, 86 (Spec Iss A): 2765, 2007
- Q. Z. Xia, T. Yu, T. Premaraj, T. Williams and M. Morrison, "Real-time PCR and PCR-DGGE Analyses of Stool Microbiomes from Infants Fed Human Breast Bilk, Infant Formula, or Formula with Added Fructo-oligosaccharides," Fifth RRI-INRA Gastrointestinal Tract Microbiology Symposium. Aberdeen, Scotland, UK [Refereed] (Published), 2006
- T. Premaraj, C. Igboin, A. L. Griffen, E. J. Leys, "Quantitation of Periodontal Pathogens by Real Time PCR," Journal of Dental Research, 83 (Spec Iss A): 3666, 2004
- S. Premaraj, I. Souza and T. Premaraj, "Molecular Mechanisms of Tooth Movement, Emerging Concepts," paper presented at the 87th Congress of the European Orthodontic Society, June 19-23, 2011, Istanbul, Turkey
- T Premaraj, I Souza, L Talluri, M. Guerrero, J. Barta and S. Premaraj, "Mechanical Strain Activates Beta-catenin signaling in Periodontal ligament (PDL) Cells," American Association of Orthodontists Meeting, Washington, DC, May 2010
- Thyagaseely Premaraj, Zhongtang Yu and Mark Morrison, "Investigating the Cellulolytic Potential of Ruminococcus Callidus Isolated from Human Intestinal Tract," DARPA Intestinal Fortitude Meeting, Arlington, Virginia, June 21, 2006
- Qing Xia, Zhongtang Yu, Thyagaseely Premaraj, Timberly Williams and Mark Morrison, "Real-time PCR and PCR-DGGE Analyses of Stool Microbiomes from Infants Fed human Breast Milk, Infant Formula, or Formula with Added Fructo-oligosaccharides," Abstract presented at the RRI-INRA conference, Scotland, June 2006
- T. Premaraj, N. Nakagawa and S. Hamada, "Porphyromonas Gingivalis Fimbrial Binding Sites of Extracellular Matrix Protein Fibronectin," Poster presented at the Annual Sessions of the Japanese Society for Microbiology, Osaka, Japan, December 2000
- T. Premaraj, N. Kato, K. Kato and K. Watanabe, "Discrepancies Between SDS - PAGE and PCR Techniques on the Differentiation of Prevotella Intermedia and Prevotella Nigrescens," 77th General Sessions of IADR; Vancouver, March 1998
- T. Premaraj, N. Kato and K. Watanabe, "SDS- PAGE and Commercial Kit Identification of P. intermedia and P. nigrescens," Presented at the Annual Sessions of the Japanese Society for Microbiology, Nagoya, Japan, June 1999
Abstracts and Posters
- T. Premaraj, C. Anderson, S. Premaraj and S. Fernando, “Bacterial community structure in endodontic infections”, J Dent Res., 93 (Spec Iss B): 2014
- N. Rohani, H. Watanabe, D. Covey and T. Premaraj, “Evaluation of Mechanical and Esthetic Properties of Orthodontic Sealants ”, J Dent Res 93 (Spec Iss B): 2014
- S. Premaraj and T. Premaraj, “Orthodontic Loading and SOST/Sclerostin Expression in Rat Alveolar Osteocytes “, J Dent Res 93 ( Spec Iss B): 2014
- B. kim, T. Premaraj and F. Namavar, “ Cell response to Nano structured Zirconium Oxide Coated Titanium”, J Dent Res., 93 (Spec Iss B) : 2014
- Z. Jacob, B. Kim and T. Premaraj , “ Osseointergration of dental implants with different surface treatments “ , College of Dentistry 2014
- C. Carter, M. Makkawy and T. Premaraj, “Microbiology of Root canal infections”- Poster, Professional day, College of Dentistry 2013.
- C. Hopke, S. Premaraj, T. Premaraj, Electric Cell-substrate Impedance Sensing assessment of epithelial cell micro motion and cell- cell adhesion behavior following exposure to Invisalign® Plastic, Annual meeting of American Association of Orthodontics( AAO), Honolulu, HI, May 2012
- A. Meyer, S. Premaraj, M. Beatty and T. Premaraj, Oral Epithelial Cell Response to Orthodontic Plastic - Preliminary Report, J Dent Res., 91 (Spec Iss B): 366, 2012
- K. Russell, T. Premaraj, and S. Premaraj, Expression of Chemokines in Periodontal Tissues during Orthodontic Tooth Movement, J Dent Res., 91 (Spec Iss B): 641, 2012
- S. Premaraj, F. Chau and T. Premaraj, Tooth Extraction/Hypofunction-Induced Changes in Alveolar Osteocyte Expression of SOST/Sclerostin, J Dent Res., 91 (Spec Iss B): 1617, 2012
- Align Technology Inc. Award, "Shift in Species Composition of Sub Gingival Microbiome as a Risk Factor in Periodontal Disease – A Comparative Study with Braces/Invisalign® Treatment", 2013
- American Association of Orthodontic Foundation, Robert E. Binder Teaching Fellowship Teaching Award, 2013
- Align® Technology Inc. Award, "Shift in Species Composition of Supra Gingival Microbiome as a Risk Factor in Dental Caries – A Comparative Study with Braces/Invisalign® Treatment", 2012
- American Association of Orthodontic Foundation, Faculty Development Award. 2012
- American Association of Orthodontists
- International Association of Dental Research
- American Society of Microbiology
- American Dental Association/Nebraska Dental Association
- Midwest Society of Orthodontists
- Sri Lanka Dental Association