Title: Chair, Department of Growth and Development
University Dental Associates
UNMC College of Dentistry
Department of Growth and Development, Pediatric Dentistry Section
4000 East Campus Loop South
Lincoln NE 68583-0740
(402) 472-4919 (Chair’s office – College of Dentistry)
(402) 472-5290 (FAX – College of Dentistry)
402-552-7775 (Children’s Hospital office)
402-552-7765 (Children’s Hospital FAX)
- BDS (Distinction), University of Glasgow Dental Hospital and School, Scotland
- Certificate, Pediatric Dentistry, The Ohio State University/Columbus Children’s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio
- MS (Pediatric Dentistry) The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Childrens’ dental treatment under general anesthesia
- Child post-sedation 24-hour recovery
- Effect of tooth pain on quality of life – children and families
- Health Resources and Services Administration Federal Grant: Expanding School Health and the Pediatric Dental Residency Program, Primary Investigator.
- Kahl JA, (Wallen) Easton J, Formocresol blood levels in children receiving dental treatment under general anesthesia. Pediatric Dentistry 2008; 30: pp393-399.
- (Wallen) Easton J, Casamassimo P, Evaluation of a generic quality of life instrument for early childhood caries-related pain. Journal of Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology 2008; Vol 36: 5, pp 434-440.
- Wilson S, (Wallen) Easton J, Lamb K, Orchardson R, & Casamassimo PS. A retrospective study of chloral hydrate, meperidine, hydroxyzine and midazolam regiments used to sedate children for dental care. Pediatric Dentistry, 2000 Mar-Apr 22(2) 107-112.
- 2012 – 2013 ADEA Leadership Institute Fellow
- 2007 – present MSDA member
- 2007 – present Diplomate, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- 2000 – present AAPD member
- 2006 – present MAPD member
- Present – member, Society of Post-Graduate Program Directors, AAPD
- Present – Fellow, American College of Dentists
- Present – Fellow, International College of Dentists
- 2002 – 2006 CAPD member