Professional Education as a Driver for Change
Richard Valachovic D.M.D., M.P.H., M.S.
President and CEO
American Dental Education Association
Quality Movement and U.S. Health Care System as it relates to Oral Health
Paul Glassman D.D.S., M.A., M.B.A.
University of the Pacific School of Dentistry
Interprofessional Practice Collaboration and Nursing Practice of the Future
Erin Hartnett D.N.P., A.P.R.N.-B.C., C.P.N.P
Program Director, Oral Health Nursing Education and Practice (OHNEP)
and Teaching Oral Systemic Health (TOSH)
Conference Program Archives:
Many rural and underserved areas are the first to feel the effects of a lack of access to dental expertise. In an effort to address these access to care needs, the UNMC College of Dentistry conducts an annual training conference to bring students, dental providers, and community partners together to learn how we can improve access to oral health. Program participants include dentists, hygienists, dental assistants, office managers, health department directors, nurses, and hospital administrators, legislators, health educators and community leaders. The 2013 UNMC Training Conference included the following:
- Overview of the UNMC College of Dentistry extramural training program (6-week student rotations in rural communities)
- Evaluation of the extramural training program trends and services provided
- Panel presentations by students and rural preceptors
- Lunch and Learn Round Table discussions about Interprofessional Education (IPE) case studies
- Keynote speaker on IPE and the use of technology in dental practice
- Teledentistry: how to schedule, conduct, and bill for consults
The following videos are from the 2013 conference held at UNL East Campus Union.
HRSA Training Conference: Part 1, Dr. Lange
HRSA Training Conference: Part 3b
HRSA Training Conference: Part 5, Dr. Willgerodt