We individualize the patient’s radiographic needs by customizing a field-of-view to provide the referring clinician with the best image quality at the lowest radiation dose, implementing the ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) principle. All CBCT scans are reviewed by a board-certified oral and maxillofacial radiologist.
Referring to University Dental Associates (UDA)
- Download and fill out the CBCT & Surgical Guide Prescription Form and fax to UDA, 402-472-0048.
- Our staff will contact the patient and schedule an appointment for the scan.
- Once the patient is imaged, a CBCT scan (Dicom files and a free Dicom viewer) and an interpretation report will be transferred via a HIPAA compliant portal to the referring doctor's email. Also, a CD can be mailed to the referring doctor’s office upon request.
Telephone: 402-472-8900 | Fax: 402-472-0048 | Email: email@example.com
Address: 4000 East Campus Loop South, Room 2039, Lincoln, NE 68583-0740
CBCT Price List
Patient is expected to make a full payment at the time of the service.
- CBCT + interpretation report ≤1 quadrant - Fee: $200
- CBCT + interpretation report 2 quadrants or one full dental arch - Fee: $250
- CBCT + interpretation report 3-4 quadrants or large field - Fee: $300
- CBCT repeat scan within 6 months + report: same size scan as before - Fee: 1/2 original fee
Indications: surgical guide fabrication, post-surgical follow-up (sinus lift, grafting procedure, implant placement, apicoectomy)
- Digital impression of the arch using 3Shape Trios intraoral scanner - Fee: $30 per arch
Order a Surgical Guide
A tooth-borne surgical guide can be ordered to make a pilot/initial osteotomy at the desired implant site. The guide needs to be supported on at least three teeth that are spread out in the arch for stability. We 3D print surgical guides using biocompatible resin. If you have your own CBCT or intraoral scanner, we can accept your scans via a HIPPA compliant portal. There is no fee/charge for handling and processing your scans.
- Download and fill out a CBCT & Surgical Guide Prescription Form.
- CBCT scan.
- Arch model: Submit your own stone model, polyvinyl impression or STL file. We can also take a digital impression with Trios 3Shape.
- Online implant planning session with an oral and maxillofacial radiologist.
- A surgical guide will be mailed to your office.
Arch model can be either scanned at the UDA or provided by ordering dentist.
- Stone model: no chips, voids, bubbles or glued teeth or any other damage.
- Polyvinyl impression: no streaks or distortion or missing anatomy. Disinfected prior to shipping.
- Intraoral scan (STL format): no voids, defects, or missing anatomy.
- 1x additional drill site - Fee: $50
- Surgical guide base fee for 1 implant site. Ideal for 1-3 missing teeth, toothborne, pilot guide. Online implant planning session is included. - Fee: $250
CBCT Interpretation Service
Do you have your own CBCT? Submit your CBCT scans to:
- Confirm the clinical diagnosis.
- Rule out/in suspected pathology.
- Detect unsuspected dental and osseous pathology outside the area of interest.
- Receive professional recommendation on biopsy and a referral to a specialist, if indicated.
All CBCT scans need to be submitted BELOW IN A DICOM FORMAT. When uploading, be sure to include the following information:
- Referring doctor’s name and email (recipient of report)
- Patient’s name, date of birth and phone number
- Reason for CBCT scan and relevant clinical information
- Interpretation report of a submitted CBCT scan (any size/field-of-view) - Fee: $80