Building a strong, supportive network for all health care professionals
I-AM-HOME is the Interdisciplinary Association of Minority Health Professionals of the Omaha Metropolitan Area.
It is our vision to support the recruitment and retention of underrepresented health care professionals throughout the Omaha Metro and Council Bluffs area. We will work throughout this region to promote greater diversity and inclusion in a multitude of health professions.
Why join I-AM-HOME?
I-AM-HOME's doors are open to all health care faculty and staff throughout the Omaha Metropolitan Area. Your participation yields direct benefits while creating an opportunity for you to make a difference in the lives of peers, students, and the community. Benefits include:
- Excellent opportunities to network with peers and partners within the community
- Social support and building of new friendships
- Laying the groundwork of ensuring success for current and future generations of underrepresented health care professionals
- Mentorship and support of underrepresented health professions students
- Advocacy for members' interests
- Inspiration from distinguished local and national guest speakers
Plus, you have the opportunity to make a difference mentoring GRADS, a student group dedicated to serving as a bridge to connect and support underrepresented students at UNMC.