"Of all the forms of inequality, injustice in health care is the most shocking and inhumane.”
Martin Luther King
The National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services in Health and Health Care are intended to advance health equity, improve quality, and help eliminate health care disparities by providing a blueprint for health care organizations to implement culturally and linguistically appropriate services. Adoption of these Standards will help advance better health and health care in the United States.
Earning trust using respectful and curious questions.
Use this database of cultural norms and practices to get more familiar with different ethnic groups, religious groups and additional communities.
- College of Public Health Center for Reducing Health Disparities data and research: https://www.unmc.edu/publichealth/crhd/
- UNO’s LGBT Community Report https://www.unomaha.edu/college-of-education/health-kinesiology/research/mshrc/docs/midlands-lgbtq-communityreport.pdf
- National Hispanic Health Alliance: https://www.healthyamericas.org/
- PFLAG - https://pflag.org/
- Census Data and Demographics: https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/ne
- Urban League of Nebraska: http://www.urbanleagueneb.org/