Innovators in Education E-Learning Showcase
April 10 | 11:30AM - 2:00PM | Center for Nursing Science, Lobby and Room 3030
Come discover how students and faculty are elevating health science curriculum at UNMC! The Innovators in Education E-Learning Showcase will feature faculty and student teams presenting the innovative e-learning modules they created to make the learning experience easier for their peers.
Come be inspired on how you can enhance the learning experience in your classroom — and see how the modules can be used in your course.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS (open house format):
- 11:30AM — E-Learning Demos (projects 1 - 8)
- 12:30PM — Recognition Ceremony
- 1:00PM — E-Learning Demos (projects 9 - 18)
Emerging Technologies Impacting Tomorrow’s Students
April 9 | 3:00PM - 4:00PM | MSC 2014
Join us for a presentation focusing on how to utilize technologies to more effectively connect students to their future work and careers.
Fresh from presenting this session at the Higher Learning Commission, Ray Schroeder will lead an engaged discussion to critically review technology trends in relation to preparing students for the future.
Associate Vice Chancellor for Online Learning, University of Illinois Springfield
Education in 2028
April 10 | 9:30AM - 11:00AM | MSC 4053
Join experts from Stanford, Elsevier, UNMC and more, for a discussion on how changes to health care are impacting how we educate health care professionals and what we can expect in the future.
PANEL OF EXPERTS:
- H. Dele Davies, MD, MS, MHCM, Senior Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, UNMC
- Charles Prober, MD, Senior Assoc. Vice Provost for Health Education, Stanford
- Brad Fenwick, DVM, PhD, Senior Vice President for Global Strategic Alliances, Elsevier
- Ray Schroeder, Associate Vice Chancellor for Online Learning, University of Illinois Springfield
- Nicholas Lorenzo, MD, MHCM, CPE, Founder, CEO, and Chief Medical Officer of PHLT Consultants; Chief Medical Officer at MeMD Inc.
Betsy J. Becker, PT, DPT, CLT-LANA, Asst. Professor, College of Allied Health Professions
Informational Meeting | Sept. 26 & Sept. 27, 2017
Join faculty, staff and students to learn about the next E-Learning Program
OLC Collaborate | June 6, 2017
Hosted by the Online Learning Consortium, a non-profit dedicated to integrating online education into mainstream higher education, this conference is co-hosted by the University of Nebraska Online Worldwide, UNMC E-Learning and the UNMC Office of Academic Affairs. The event will focus on current and emerging trends in online learning in health science education.
E-Learning Showcase 2017 | April 13, 2017
Nine student-led projects and four faculty curricular redesigns were highlighted at the 2017 E-Learning Showcase "Innovators in Education; Elevating Health Science Curriculum to New Heights."