“Engage in Exercise”
A Unique Approach to Whole-Person Wellness
Did you know that exercise is a powerful tool in maintaining & improving health? It has the potential to treat dozens of diseases, such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, and obesity.
Refer your adult patients to UNMC’s Engage Wellness “Engage in Exercise” program.
This program includes:
- Free two-week participation in the Engage Wellness program.
- Functional Fitness & Balance Assessments.
- Individualized fitness program designed by a degreed exercise science professional.
- One-on-one orientation to patient’s fitness program.
- Option to participate in group movement classes (T’ai Chi, toning, line dance, stretching, yoga, etc.)
- Referral to other appropriate services to reach patient wellness goals.
- Communication back to the referring health care provider regarding patient’s participation and progress.
Health care provider instructions for the UNMC Engage Wellness “Engage in Exercise” program:
- Assess patient’s exercise habits as a vital sign at each patient visit and encourage patient to be physically active.
- Refer appropriate patients to Engage Wellness “Engage in Exercise” program (minimum of 19 years).
- Complete the Prescription & Referral Form online
- Submit referral via One Chart (under Order Entry search “Engage” or “Wellness”), or fill out the printable version and fax it back to 402-552-7209. Patient will be contacted to schedule an appointment.
- You will receive communication regarding patient’s participation and progress (at the end of the two weeks and again at 3-6 months if the patient joins Engage Wellness).
Please contact Engage Wellness at 402-552-7210 for Prescription & Referral forms.
If you would like a short presentation to your health care provider team regarding the UNMC Engage Wellness “Engage in Exercise” program, please call 402-552-7210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.