Dr. Gary Moore received his Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln, in 1974, after which he attended Dental College for one year. He earned his MD degree from the University of Nebraska College of Medicine in Omaha in 1979. Dr. Moore completed a surgical internship at Des Moines Veterans Hospital, Des Moines, Iowa, a three-year residency in otolaryngology at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, and a fellowship in otology, neurotology and skull base surgery at the University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland.
Dr. Moore has been on the faculty at UNMC since 1983, serving as instructor, assistant professor, associate professor, vice chairman and interim chairman.
He is active in Metro Omaha Medical Association, the Nebraska Medical Association, Nebraska Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, and Omaha Mid-West Clinical Society.
- Professor, Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Director of Center for Skull Base Surgery Team at UNMC
- Specializes in facial nerve disorders, otology/neurotology, balance disorders and skull base surgery. This includes microscopic ear surgery and reconstruction, cochlear implants, implantable hearing aids, Bell’s palsy, acoustic tumors, vestibular nerve surgery, and tumors of the skull base.
- Board Certified in Otolaryngology
- Board Certified in Otolaryngology, Neurotology Subspecialty Board
- Fellow in the American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery Foundation
- Fellow in the American College of Surgeons
- Fellow in the American Neurotology Society
- Member of the Acoustic Neuroma Association
- Member and past chairman of the Deafness Research Foundation
- Member of the International Skull Base Society
- Member of Prosper Meniere’s Society
- Charter member of the North American Skull Base Society
- Serves on the Medical Student Admissions Committee
- Course director for the Temporal Bone Microsurgical Dissection Course at UNMC
- Recipient of American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery Foundation’s Honor Award for Teaching, 1996
- Served on the American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery Foundation’s Nebraska Representative to the Board of Governors, 1993-94 and 1996-98