In-House Resident Courses
UNMC's resident courses are spread out throughout the academic year with four or five courses per year. Each academic year is kicked off with the Anatomy of the Head & Neck course. The three-day course includes didactics, hands-on application of surgical techniques, and a thorough review of the head and neck anatomy. Each day is dedicated to a specific area of otolaryngology. The course is taught by UNMC faculty and guest speakers and is held at the state-of-the-art Davis Global Center.
Other courses offered throughout the academic year:
- Pediatric and adult airway.
- Rhinology and Skull Base Surgery with endoscopic cadaver dissections (alternating years between a basic and advanced course).
- Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery facial plating and trauma courses.
- Temporal Bone Course in our temporal bone laboratory, equipped with 10 individual stations with operating microscopes and the latest otologic surgical drills (alternating years between a basic and advanced course).
- Ultrasound for the head and neck.