High school teachers are invited to a three-day experience at UNMC that blends both learning and doing, and results in teachers taking ideas, knowledge, skills and opportunities back to their classroom. The first teacher workshop is the last week of July 2018. A sample outline for a teacher workshop is below. The goal of the workshop is to provide teachers with tools and experiences that will help them integrate the following five things into their science curriculum: Cancer, Communication, Creativity, Critical Thinking and Collaboration. By the end of the workshop, the participants will:
1. Read and evaluate research questions and documents.
2. Learn about the basics of cancer and its vocabulary.
3. Create a document about a specific cancer and its treatment.
4. Practice lab activities they can take back to the classroom.
5. Interact with cancer research scientists to learn about current research projects.
For more information on the teacher workshop or for information on the options for continuing education credit please email us.