The administrative core provided support for personnel involved in the administration, scientific oversight and coordination, communication, budgetary oversight, and clerical functions associated with the overall research program of the SPORE. The specific functions of this core included:
- Monitoring progress of the translational research objectives of the SPORE program.
- Facilitating internal and external communication among SPORE investigators, and communicating reports of progress from SPORE projects with other SPORE programs, the NIH, and the scientific and public communities.
- Coordinating and scheduling all external and internal SPORE meetings.
- Administration of the Developmental Research Program.
- Administration of the Career Enhancement Program.
- Providing support for management of financial accounts related to SPORE activities, and providing fiscal oversight of SPORE Projects