The administrative core provides support for personnel involved in the administration, scientific oversight and coordination, communication, budgetary oversight, and clerical functions associated with the overall research program of the SPORE. The specific functions of this core include:
- Monitor progress of the translational research objectives of the SPORE program.
- Facilitate internal and external communication among SPORE investigators, and communicate reports of progress from SPORE projects with other SPORE programs, the NIH, and the scientific and public communities.
- Coordinate and schedule all external and internal SPORE meetings.
- Administration of the Developmental Research Program.
- Administration of the Career Enhancement Program.
- Provide support for management of financial accounts related to SPORE activities, and provide fiscal oversight of SPORE Projects