- Embroidered lab coats and a set of lenses provided during residency.
- Cafeteria meal card- $6.00/day that can be used at UNMC cafeterias or Starbucks.
- Educational fund for books, studying resources, and equipment (surgical loupes).
- PGY-2 $500, PGY-3 $1000, PGY-4 $1000.
- Travel funds for scientific meetings.
- $1500 provided if presenting a 1st author paper or poster at a scientific conference.
- Omaha is often listed as a top city to raise a family with a combination of low crime, low cost of living, and the amenities of city life.
- Many residents either buy or rent houses during residency.
- Short commute time whether walking from nearby neighborhoods or driving in from West Omaha (20 minutes) or Bellevue (15 minutes).
- Home to the highly-acclaimed Henry Doorly Zoo (http://www.omahazoo.com/).
- Home to the College World Series.
- College football, GO BIG RED.