Here are some of the most frequently asked questions we get in Faculty Development:

How do I register for an event?  

Simply visit our calendar of events to see a complete list of the Faculty Development activities for the academic year. Select the one you want by clicking the register button on the event's picture. That will take you to the registration site, which is hosted by the UNMC Center for Continuing Education. If you've already created an account with them, simply log in; if you don't have an account, it's easy to set one up. Or, you can register by calling 402-559-5929.

How do I print my transcript?  
To print your transcript to show your continuing education, simply log in to your CCE account. Once logged in, select the "Print My CCE Transcript" link and enter in the date range you want.
I'm having problems registering online. What should I do?  

If you receive an error message saying, "cookies must be enabled for the log in process," follow these steps. Or call 402-559-5929 to register by phone.

I want to attend a seminar, but can't be there in person. Is there anything I can do?  

Most of our programs are live streamed — meaning you can watch it live from your computer. With live streaming, you still have the ability to ask questions and interact with speakers. If you aren't able to attend in person or through live streaming, you can watch the recorded sessions on iLearn Online.

What happens after I sign up for a live streaming event?  

A couple of days before the event, we'll send you a reminder email. The email will include the link to watch the event. It will also contain a link to submit questions. If you don't receive the reminder email, contact us.

Note: If you experience connection problems, contact the UNMC Help Desk at 402-559-7700.

How do I get credit for an event I attended?  

In order to receive credit for an event, you must complete an evaluation of the course and print your certificate. Simply log in to your account on the registration site, which is hosted by the UNMC Center for Continuing Education.

Do I get credit if I just watch the event in iLearn Online?  

If you don't see the event in person or attend through live web streaming, you will not receive continuing education accreditation (CME/CNE).  

A complete record of your participation in Faculty Development and/or independent learning will be maintained on your UNMC Center for Continuing Education transcript. This transcript may be important for:

  • Preparing for your annual review
  • Accreditation documentation
  • Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) documentation of participation in faculty development
Can you give me more details about accreditation?  

Most of the programs offered by Faculty Development are accredited through the University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Continuing Education by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education. The University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing Continuing Nursing Education is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.

For faculty in the College of Medicine, learn about the Accreditation System on the ACGME's website.

Where can I go for help creating an e-module?  

There is an entire e-learning laboratory that has software to build e-modules. It also includes equipment to check out and a sound booth for recording. You can also work with an instructional designer when creating your e-module; this person can create the more technical aspects of the piece while you focus on the content. Visit the e-learning resources page for full details. 

If you have any questions regarding your e-module, contact Peggy Moore, at 402-559-8082 or peggy.moore@unmc.edu.

Who do I contact for details on promotion and tenure?  

Visit the Promotion and Tenure section in Academic Service for guidelines. Also, contact your administrator for information about your particular department or unit.