UNMC MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of UNMC is to lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care.
DEPARTMENT OF FAMILY MEDICINE MISSION STATEMENT
- Physicians prepared to serve the rural and urban medical needs of Nebraska.
- High-quality student, resident, fellowship, continuing medical and public education.
- Health care services and consultation.
- Scholarly methods to advance medical science and health care delivery.
- Community, state, regional and national leadership and consultation in family medicine and health care.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center's Department of Family Medicine will be recognized as one of the leading departments of Family Medicine in the country. To realize this vision, we will develop a balanced program based on the following goals:
- Provide leadership in quality, cost-effective patient care.
- Enhance a climate and increase the expectations for scholarly activity by department faculty members.
- Continue ongoing development of innovative educational programs.
- Instill a department-wide commitment to community service and outreach; integrate family medicine's presence in Nebraska communities.
- Become a national leader in the education of rural health care professionals.
- Build a pool of leaders and visionaries in the department.
- Adapt to new technology.
- Create a model for tomorrow's academic family medicine center.