UNMC MISSION STATEMENT
We are Nebraska Medicine and UNMC.
Our mission is to lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care.
DEPARTMENT OF FAMILY MEDICINE MISSION STATEMENT
- Physicians prepared to serve the rural and urban medical needs of Nebraska.
- High-quality student, resident, fellowship, continuing medical and public education.
- Health care services and consultation.
- Scholarly methods to advance medical science and health care delivery.
- Community, state, regional and national leadership and consultation in family medicine and health care.
Instill a department-wide commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness to enhance community service, outreach, and integration of family medicine in all Nebraska communities.
- Provide leadership in quality, cost-effective patient care.
- Enhance a climate and increase the expectations for scholarly activity by department faculty members.
- Continue ongoing development of innovative educational programs.
- Instill a department-wide commitment to diversity and inclusiveness to enhance community service, outreach and integration of family medicine in Nebraska communities.
- Become a national leader in the education of rural health care professionals.
- Build the pool of leaders and visionaries in the department.
- Adapt to new technology.