The University of Nebraska Family Medicine Residency Program only accepts applications through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). Our deadline for applications is December 31st.
To be considered for an interview, applicants must meet the following:
- U.S. Citizenship or non-U.S. citizen holding an ECFMG J-1 visa
- Licensable in the state of Nebraska
- First-attempt passing score on the Clinical Skills Examination
- Graduation from medical school within the past 5 years
- U.S. clinical experience within the past 5 years (regardless of year of graduation)
- Passing score in USMLE Step 1, 2, 3; first attempt with 215 or great
If the above criteria are met, a complete ERAS application is required, including:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation written within the past 3 years-- preferably from U.S. Family Medicine Physicians
- Medical school transcript
- Dean's Letter of Reference
- USMLE or COMLEX official transcript
The UNMC Family Medicine program reserves the right to limit the number of interviews.