Immediate Care Clinics & Specialty Clinics


Emergency Services

Students who become acutely ill or injured and require urgent care, may use the UNMC Emergency Department or nearest emergency facility.  Follow-up care must be in the Student Health Clinic, For appointment - 402-559-7204.  Notify Student Health at or by calling 402-559-5158 for referral within 48 hours of dismissal from Emergency Services/ICC visits.   Check your insurance policy for deductible information.

Hospitalization (Inpatient) Coverage

Fund B does not provide coverage for hospitalization.  UNMC Center requires full-time students to have inpatient hospitalization health insurance. Students may purchase the University endorsed student health insurance plan through United Healthcare Student Recourses or purchase a private plan through an independent agency that is equivocal to the University endorsed student health insurance plan.

Illness or Injury Away from the UNMC Campus

Students outside a 50 mile radius for academic purposes requiring urgent/emergent care may be seen at an area outpatient facility. Fund B will cover the office visit.  You should contact Student Health at 402-559-5158 within 48 hours of the incident to obtain a referral. Failure to obtain a referral could result in the student being responsible for all charges.

Services not listed above as provided by Fund B will need to be billed to your major medical insurance (UNMC Student Health Insurance or other personal insurance). Coverage by the student’s insurance policy may involve a deductible, applicable co-insurance and/or policy provisions/limitations.  If you are covered under the Student Health Insurance, you may go to ; 1) locate an In-network Provider; 2) review ER benefits in the Student Health Insurance Plan booklet; and 3) file a claim online.  You may also contact Cindi Pickinpaugh at 1-(800) 351-4262 or by email at

Dental Services

Dental services are not covered under Student Health Fund B.  Check your coverage under the United Healthcare Student Recourses Insurance Plan.  The College of Dentistry Clinics in Lincoln offers general dental services and specialty services in endodontics, oral surgery, orthodontics, pedodontics and periodontics. The College of Dentistry Clinic in the University of Nebraska Outpatient Care Center in Omaha offers services in general dentistry, pedodontics and oral and maxillofacial surgery. These services are available to the general public on an appointment basis.