UNMC Student Health is now accepting all immunization records (new and updated) online using MyRecords. Please log on and click on Access Immunization Center. From there you can both choose to upload your current immunizations as well as generate your immunization record. There are instructions once you log in, but if you have any questions, please contact 402-559-5158 or 402-559-5691 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be unable to register for classes until Student Health has received all required immunization information.
|Chicken Pox (Varicella)
||All students must have evidence of immunity documented by an antibody titer OR written documentation of 2 doses of varicella vaccine, given at least 4 weeks apart.Please note that just having a history of chickenpox is not enough to satisfy the requirements of immunity.
- All students must receive a 3 dose series of Hepatitis B vaccination and have evidence of immunity documented by an antibody titer.
- If the student’s titer remains negative after having had the first series of 3 Hepatitis B vaccinations, the student must undergo a second series of 3 Hepatitis B vaccinations. A repeat antibody titer will then be done 1-2 months after the completion of the 3-dose series. If the antibody titer remains negative, testing for active hepatitis B infection should be conducted (HBsAg and Anti HBc) and, if active Hepatitis B infection is not present, the individual is considered to be a "non-responder".
- Students with documentation of at least one Hepatitis B vaccinations will be allowed to register for and attend classroom courses. Students may register for and attend clinical courses after documentation of the second Hepatitis B vaccination. Students will be required to complete the Hepatitis B requirements by the end of the first year of enrollment.
|Rubella (German Measles)
- All students must have evidence of immunity documented by an antibody titer OR written documentation of 2 doses of the MMR vaccine administered at least 4 weeks apart.
- Students with evidence of prior receipt of only one dose of MMR or other measles-containing vaccine on or after their first birthday should receive a second dose of MMR, provided at least 4 weeks have elapsed since their previous dose.
||All students should receive the Tdap vaccination within the last ten years. Tdap can be administered regardless of the interval since the last tetanus or diphtheria-toxoid containing vaccine. Once receiving Tdap, students are to continue to receive Td for routine booster immunization against tetanus and diphtheria, every 10 years.
(Must be within 6 months
prior to registration)
- Students who are currently tested every year submit the most recent 2 consecutive years (one being in the current year) of negative test documentation. Ideally, students should have a negative test within 6 months prior to registration.
- Students who have NOT had PPD skin testing consecutively in the past 2 years must have a 2-step PPD.
- A-2 step PPD is defined as 2 negative skin tests placed at least 7 days apart and each having been read 48 hours-72hours after placement. This must be completed within 6 months prior to registration.
- If a student has had a positive skin test in the past or was given BCG as a child, they must have documentation of a TB Interferon-Gamma Release Assay (IGRA) within 6 months prior to registration. IGRA blood testing will be used to meet the requirement for yearly TB screening.
- Students who were given BCG as a child and have not tested positive to the PPD skin test have the choice of either providing negative results with the two-step PPD skin test or IGRA testing.
- If a student has a history of a positive skin test or history of TB they must complete the symptom screening checklist.
- Students coming from another country where IGRA testing is not available may complete the TB Assessment upon arrival in the United States/UNMC. Students should be promptly screened for signs and symptoms of active tuberculosis. If the screening is negative for symptoms of TB the student will be allowed to enroll and engage in activities at UNMC. The student will be required to receive IGRA testing within 2 weeks of arriving at UNMC.
||If the student is not going to travel outside the western hemisphere it is not necessary to provide documentation of polio vaccination. However, if the student will be going on trips to Africa or Asia--or has traveled outside of the Western Hemisphere within the last 5 years-- then the student must be vaccinated or obtain a serologic study to document immunity to the three poliovirus serotypes (P1, P2, and P3).
||NURSING students only must receive 1 dose of the flu vaccine each year prior to December 1. It is highly recommended that all students receive an annual flu vaccination, but is not required at this time.
The above requirements may be waived by the Director of Student Health when medically contraindicated.