Loan Exit Counseling

If you have borrowed a federal loan from UNMC and you will be graduating, withdrawing, or taking a leave of absence, you must complete exit counseling. The exit counseling is designed to make you aware of your repayment responsibilities, familiarize you with your lender(s), give you examples of repayment schedules, and to answer any questions you may have regarding your loans.

Before you begin repaying your federal loan(s), the federal government requires that you understand the basics of repayment. On-line exit counseling takes just a few minutes and will cover:

We recommend you review your federal student loan accounts prior to starting the exit counseling session. Start your review.

Complete the Loan Exit Counseling
You will need your Social Security Number, Date of Birth, your FSA ID, and names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses for 4 references. This will take approximately 15 to 30 minutes to complete.

UNMC is required to provide the additional loan information listed below. The links below are provided for your reference and access only. (FYI)

You can view your federal loan history (Stafford, Perkins, PLUS, Grad PLUS) at the National Student Loan Database System (NSLDS). This website will show all your prior loans, as well as, the lenders and servicing agencies attached to those loans. You will need your FSA ID to access this web site.

You can view your campus based loan history (Nursing Student Loan, Health Professions Student Loan, or Perkins Loan) at Heartland ECSI. First time users of this site are required to create a new user Registration. You will need your Social Security Number for this.

Additional Resources

Financial Aid Exit Counseling Webinar

AAMC Education Debt Manager

Money Management Tips

If you experience problems with your loans, you should first attempt to resolve complaints by contacting your lender or loan servicing agency. If you, have made a reasonable effort to resolve the problem through normal processes and have not been successful, you should contact the FSA Ombudsman.