Veteran's Benefits

Thank you for visiting our Veteran’s Benefit Page. There are many different benefits available to active duty, guard, reserve and veteran students. For detailed information on how to apply or review your eligibility, you will need to contact the VA Education Hotline and/or contact your Representative assigned to you.

In order to certify your VA Education Benefit at the University of Nebraska Medical Center you must complete the following:

  1. You will need to complete the VA Certification form.
  2. Submit a copy of your Letter of Eligibility/Certificate of Eligibility.
  3. Submit a Change of Program or Place of Training form to the VA (this step ensures that your degree seeking program is updated with the VA and the VA file is sent to the correct VA Regional Office)
    1. Form 22-1995
    2. Form 22-5495

In order to certify Military Education Benefits, please contact the Financial Aid Office before the start of the term to ensure your benefit is processed in a timely manner. If you are using more than one benefit, we will need to be advised, to ensure the tuition and fees amounts are calculated correctly to all third parties.

There are several types of benefits available to military. You can review all the education benefits on the VA Website or, for a brief overview, visit the VA/Military Education Benefits page.

Additional information regarding military and VA benefits can be found here.