Residency Relocation Loan

Residency/Relocation Loans for senior UNMC students:

The costs associated with interview travel and relocation are not required for graduation. They cannot be funded with federal student aid. If you are going to require student loan help to fund these costs, your only option will be a private residency/relocation loan. The residency/relocation loan is between you and the lender of your choice. The Financial Aid Office is not involved in this process.

Below is a list of some lenders that do offer the residency/relocation loans. UNMC cannot recommend a lender or prepare a preferred lender list. An internet search using the subject Residency/Relocation loan will pull up more than a few options. You will find most of these searches will be other health professional school web sites recommending the lenders listed below.

Lenders familiar to the UNMC Financial Aid Office and UNMC students are as follows:

Wells Fargo


SallieMae (Medical Students)

SallieMae (Dental Students)

You may also find the following links to be valuable as you prepare for your senior year residency process. These links are provided by the AAMC FIRST (Financial Information, Resources, Services, and Tools) program. 

Residency and Relocation Loans - To Borrow or Not to Borrow