Deferment / Previous Loans

I have student loans from my prior school(s). How do I insure my prior loans are deferred while I am attending UNMC?  

Student enrollment is reported to the National Student Loan Clearinghouse on the 15th of each month.  If you are enrolled half time or more (6 credit hours undergraduate/ 4 credit hours graduate) your federal DIRECT student loans will be automatically deferred with the Clearinghouse process.   Student loan deferment forms are NOT required for the DIRECT LOAN program.  If you experience difficulty with your loan servicer, contact the Financial Aid Office for assistance.

If you were the recipient of a Federal Perkins loan or a Federal Nursing loan at your prior institution, you will be required to submit a Perkins or Nursing loan deferment form for certification of enrollment.  Contact your prior institution for this deferment form.   Submit the form to the Financial Aid Office for certification.   Perkins and Nursing student loans generally require certification each semester. 

Deferment issues should be resolved as quickly as possible.  Please do not delay contacting the Financial Aid Office if you are experiencing deferment issues.

Is there a place I can go to find a list of my student loans?  
You can find a listing of your federal Stafford and federal Perkins loans at the following web link: National Student Loan Data System