PROGRAM OVERVIEW & GOALS
The Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology - Anatomy Teaching Track PhD program is specially designed to train students who are interested in faculty positions that involve teaching Anatomical Sciences to professional students (Medical, Physical Therapy, etc.) as well as research. Students in this program complete basic and medical science core coursework and conduct laboratory research under the guidance of a research faculty mentor. Additionally, teaching track students will work with a faculty teaching mentor to learn pedagogical theory and to apply this knowledge during hands-on teaching experiences in the gross anatomy, histology, and neuroanatomy labs. Completion of this track usually requires at least 5 years.
For a complete list of required courses visit the UNMC Catalog.
MGCB ANATOMY TEACHING TRACK PHD
|Application Opens||US Applicant Deadline||International Applicant Deadline|
|October 1||May 15||March 15|
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited undergraduate institution or international equivalent.
- GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 grading scale.
- GRE is not required for both domestic and international applicants. However, if an applicant chooses to submit GRE scores, the scores will be considered during the application review.
- For international applicants, a minimum TOEFL score of 95, with no less than 20 in any single section; or an IELTS minimum overall score of 6.5, is required.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Minimum of three (3) letters of recommendation.
Students are provided with stipend support of $27,500 USD (pre-tax) per year, throughout their PhD studies.
After the first year, students are encouraged to seek outside sources of stipend support by applying for fellowships, assistantships, and grants. Students that obtain a federal or foundation grant may be eligible to receive an annual stipend supplement of up to 25% of the current level of stipend support.
Tuition and fees are waived for MGCB Anatomy Teaching Track PhD students.
Living and Housing Costs:
UNMC has limited on-campus housing and there are a variety of apartment complexes found within walking distance of campus. Within a short driving distance, there is a wide variety of housing options available in a range of prices; the average cost of monthly rent is $800 to $900 for a single bedroom apartment.