Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Anatomy
PhD, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, UNMC, 1995
Director, Genomics Core Facility, UNMC
GCBA 823 – Spring 2023 / Fundamentals in Genetics
Course Director - Karen Gould PhD.
Eudy: Introduction to Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), 1 lecture hour
GCBA 815 – Fall 2022 / Bioinformatics
Course Director – Babu Guda PhD
Eudy: Intro to NGS Sequencing Instrumentation, 1 lecture hour
NSC 820 – Fall 2022 / Current Methods in Neurosciences
Course Director – Guoku Hu PhD.
Eudy: Intro to Next Generation Sequencing, 1 lecture hour
Next Generation DNA Sequencing strategies for rare Mendelian disease gene identification and functional genomic technologies in general. I also collaborate on a number of research projects at UNMC involving many different areas of biomedical interest including cancer, cardiovascular disease, and virology.
Genomics Core Facility: The UNMC Genomics Core facility is a comprehensively equipped facility that serves the regional research community. A wide variety of RNA/DNA samples are processed in the core for a number of different applications including RNA sequencing (traditional and single cell), exome, genomic resequencing, metagenomics, methylation, and ChIP sequencing. The core operates the Illumina NovaSeq6000, NextSeq550, and MiSeq systems. (Illumina, San Diego, CA). In addition to NGS systems, the core houses a Nanostring EnCounter, ideal for rapid targeted gene expression experiments for pathway profiling and validation of NGS experiments. Single cell RNAseq experiments are performed using 10xGenomics technology.
- Hua G, George JW, Clark KL, Jonas KC, Johnson GP, Southekal S, Guda C, Hou X, Blum HR, Eudy J, Butnev VY, Brown AR, Katta S, May JV, Bousfield GR and Davis JS. 2021. Hypo-glycosylated hFSH drives ovarian follicular development more efficiently than fully-glycosylated hFSH: enhanced transcription and PI3K and MAPK signaling. Human Reprod. Jun 18:36(7):1891-1906. PMCID: PMC8213452
- Chen, X., Liu, B., Li, X., An, T., Zhou, Y., Li, G., Wu-Smart, J., Alvarez, S., Naldrett, M., Eudy, J., Kubik, G., Wilcon, R., Kachman, S., Cui, J., and Y, J. (2021). Identification of anti-inflammatory vesicle-like nanoparticles in honey. J. Extracell. Vesicles. 2021;10:e12069
- Gaurav, R., Mikuls, T., Thiele, G., Nelson, A., Niu, M., Guda, C., Eudy, J., Barry, A., Wyatt, T., Romberger, D., Duryee, M., England, B., and Poole, J. High-throughput analysis of lung immune cells in a combined murine model of agriculture dust-triggered airway inflammation with rheumatoid arthritis. PLoS One. 2021 Feb 12;16 (2). PMID: 33577605
- Gurumurthy CB, O’Brien AR et al. (2019). Reproducibility of CRISPR-Cas9 Methods for Generation of Conditional Mouse Alleles: a Multi-Center Evaluation. Genome Biology. 2019 Aug 25;20(1):171 PMID: 31446805.
- LeVan TD, Xiao P, Kumar G, Kupzyk K, Qiu F, Klinkebiel D, Eudy J, Cowan K, Berger AM (2019) Genetic Variants in Circadian Rhythm Genes and Self-Reported Sleep Quality in Women with Breast Cancer. J Circadian Rhythms. July 1-2019. PMID 31303884.
- Booth KT, Askew JW, Talebizadeh Z, Huygen PLM, Eudy J, Kenyon J, Hoover D, Hildebrand MS, Smith KR, Bahlo M, Kimberling WJ, Smith RJH, Azaiez H, Smith SD. (2018). Splice-altering variant in COL11A1 as a cause of nonsyndromic hearing loss DFNA37. Genetics In Medicine. Published online Sept 24-2018 PMID: 30245514
- Zhu L, Thompson J, Ma F, Eudy J, Jones C (2017) Effects of the synthetic corticosteroid dexamethasone on bovine herpesvirus 1 productive infection. Virology. 2017 Feb 23;505:71-79. PMID: 28237765
- Dhar K, Moulton AM, Rome E, Qiu F, Kittrell J, Raichlin E, Zolty R, Um JY, Moulton MJ, Basma H, Anderson DR, Eudy JD, Lowes BD. (2016) Targeted myocardial gene expression in failing hearts by RNA sequencing. J Transl Med. 2016 Nov 25;14(1):327
- Kimberly A. Carlson, Kylee Gardner, Anjeza Pashaj, Darby J. Carlson, Fang Yu, James D. Eudy, Chi Zhang, and Lawrence G. Harshman. Genome-Wide Gene Expression in relation to Age in Large Laboratory Cohorts of Drosophila melanogaster. (2015) Genetics Research International. 2015:835624.
- Lowes, Brian D. MD, PhD; Rome, Eric T.; Dhar, Kajari; Kittrell, Jeff; Eudy, James D.; Um, John Y.; Moulton, Alexandra; Zao, J.; Redder, Ronald; Moulton, Michael J.; Anderson, Daniel R.; and Raichlin, Eugenia (2015) Damaging Cardiac and Cancer Genetic Variants in the LVAD Population. Vol. 1, Article 22.
- Lada AG, Stepchenkova EI, Waisertreiger IS, Noskov VN, Dhar A, Eudy JD, Boissy RJ, Hirano M, Rogozin IB, Pavlov YI. 2013. Genome-wide mutation avalanches induced in diploid yeast cells by a base analog or an APOBEC deaminase. PLoS Genet. 2013 Sep; 9(9):e1003736. doi: 10.1371/journal.pgen.1003736. Epub 2013 Sep 5.
Carlson MA, Smith LM, Cordes CM, Chao J, Eudy JD. 2013. Attachment-regulated signaling networks in the fibroblast-populated 3D collagen matrix. Sci Rep. 2013; 3:1880. doi: 10.1038/srep01880
- Mohibi S, Gurumurthy CB, Nag A, Wang J, Mirza S, Mian Y, Quinn M, Katafiasz B, Eudy J, Pandey S, Guda C, Naramura M, Band H, Band V. Mammalian alteration/deficiency in activation 3 (ada3) is essential for embryonic development and cell cycle progression. J Biol Chem. 2012 Aug 24;287 (35):29442-56.
- Workman A, Eudy JD, Smith L, da Silva LF, Sinani D, Bricker H, Cook E, Doster A, and Jones C. Cellular transcription factors induced in trigeminal ganglia during dexamethasone-induced reactivation from latency stimulate bovine herpesvirus 1 productive infection and certain viral promoters J Virol. 2012 Mar;86(5):2459-73.
- Pathak S, Ma S, Trinh L, Eudy J, Wagner KU, Joshi SS, Lu R. IRF4 is a suppressor of c-Myc induced B cell leukemia. PLoS One. 2011. 6(7):e22628. Epub 2011 Jul 27
- Thulasingam S, Massilamany C, Gangaplara A, Dai H, Yarbaeva S, Subramaniam S, Riethoven JJ, Eudy J, Lou M, Reddy J. miR-27b*, an oxidative stress-responsive microRNA modulates nuclear factor-kB pathway in RAW 264.7 cells. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011. Jun;352(1-2):181-8.