Application deadline: January 1
Submit the Pre-Application Form before applying for a CSC PhD program. This will allow us to assist you in your application.
IGPBS, MSIA and Pharmaceutical Science applicants
Go to the Graduate Studies page for application instructions and to apply.
College of Public Health applicants
Go to the specific program page of the PhD program that you want to apply to, for application instructions.
- Environmental Health, Occupational Health & Toxicology
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Research
- Health Services and Policy Research
General application requirements
All PhD programs share similar requirements for admission. Check with your specific program for additional requirements.
- The GRE is required for most programs (not for IGPBS). Submit all scores to UNMC, code 6896.
- All applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- For TOEFL, submit to UNMC via code 6896.
- For IELTS, submit to:
UNMC Graduate Studies
987810 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-7810
- All official transcripts must be evaluated by WES or ECE and then submitted electronically to UNMC.
- In the application, applicants will need to give the email addresses of three recommenders or evaluators, who will then submit their letters online. Letters must be on official university or organization letterhead and be submitted from an official email address (.edu or .edu.cn).
- Submit a personal narrative describing career goals and how the program will help achieve those goals.
- Submit a resume or CV.