UNMC is not accepting applications for the MD program for Fall 2021. We will start accepting applications for Fall 2022 beginning in August 2021. Please contact us with any questions.
All application materials are due October 1. MCAT scores are due October 15.
Step 2: Know the requirements
The College of Medicine has certain coursework and laboratory requirements for the MD Program:
- Candidates must be fresh graduates, or postgraduates currently enrolled in a master's degree program, or doctorate candidates in their first year of studies.
- Candidates should specialize in Clinical Medicine, Life Sciences, or other Medicine-related fields in Chinese universities.
- If the candidate's background is specialized in Clinical Medicine, there is no need to verify any course requirements.
- If the candidate's background is specialized in Life Sciences or other Medicine-related fields, candidates must ensure completion of the following coursework and laboratory requirements:
- Biology/lab or Zoology/lab: 8-10 semester hours
- General Chemistry/lab: 8-10 semester hours
- Organic Chemistry/lab: 8-10 semester hours
- Physics/lab: 8-10 semester hours
- Humanities and/or Social Sciences: 12-16 semester hours
Courses in the following may be used to fill this requirement: art, dramatic arts/theater, literature, English, music, foreign language, sociology, anthropology, psychology, child development, journalism, economics, geography, geology, speech, communications, history, government, political science, philosophy, religion, women's studies, and any ethnic studies courses.
- Calculus or Statistics: 3 semester hours
- English Composition: 3 semester hours
- Biochemistry: 3 semester hours
- Genetics: 3 semester hours
Step 3: Application process
- Notify the following of your intent to apply before September 15:
- Send the following via email to the College of Medicine before October 1:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal Narrative (describe your desire to become a medical doctor)
- One recent photograph (2” x 2”)
- Three Letters of Recommendation (must be sent from the recommenders)
- The following items must be sent officially by your institution to the address below before October 1:
- Official transcripts (must be in English)
- Official degree statements (must be in English)
University of Nebraska College of Medicine
Office of Admissions and Student Affairs
985527 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, Nebraska 68198-5527
- Submit MCAT (MEDICAL COLLEGE ADMISSION TEST) scores to UNMC (at the above address) by October 15.
- Scores from tests taken over 3 years prior to the intended entrance year will not be accepted.
- If you have not yet taken the MCAT, please consider taking it in Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, or Thailand.
- For more about the international test dates and locations, please check here.
- Note: The latest you can take the MCAT and have it reach the College of Medicine by the deadline is September 9.
- Top candidates will be notified and have a face to face interview in October in Shanghai, China
- Demonstrate Adequate Program Funding and Complete Online Application
- If you are chosen for admission, you apply for and must receive full financial support (tuition and living stipend) from the China Scholarship Council. You also need to complete the AMCAS online application, which will be reviewed by the College of Medicine.