Candidates are asked to notify Amber Hawk or Dr. Dong Wang and the Office of Global Engagement (through the Pre-Application) of their intent to apply to the CSC PharmD program, to ensure we identify you and guide you appropriately through this process.
Step 1: PharmCAS application
- Submit an online application via PharmCAS.
- Preference is given to applicants that apply as Early Decision in PharmCAS. The deadline is September 8, 2020. This means that you only apply to one school. They will make their admission decision by October 26, 2020. If you are not admitted, you will be allowed to apply to other universities at that time.
- The final deadline for regular admission is January 4, 2021.
- Please note that PharmCAS may require significant time for verification of all documentation before forwarding your application to our program so it is recommended that you submit your application as soon as possible.
- Recommendation letters: One of your letters MUST come from your Dean, Associate Dean, or Department Chair, recommending you for the CSC program. Two additional letters should be from either academic advisors and/or course instructors in math or science.
- Transcripts: PharmCAS will direct you to WES (World Education Services) as a part of the application process under the "Colleges Attended" section. You will send your transcripts directly to WES. They will then send a foreign transcript evaluation to PharmCAS. Please note that transcript evaluation can take 6-8 weeks or more. If you are applying via Early Decision, please begin this process as soon as the application opens.
- TOEFL or Duolingo (only one required):
- TOEFL scores should be sent directly to PharmCAS (code 8246).
- Duolingo English Test: After you receive the test results, you will need to log into your account and click the "send results" button next to your test results. Select "University of Nebraska Medical Center PharmD" to have your results sent to us.
- PCAT or GRE (preferred but not required):
Step 2: Interview
When your application is complete, your file will be evaluated by the UNMC College of Pharmacy Admissions Committee. An online video interview (via Zoom, Skype, or QQ) is required to enable us to further assess your communication skills. Only competitive applicants are invited for an interview.
Step 3: Admission decision and requirements
Students will be notified of their admission decision via email as soon as possible after their interview date. Typically this will occur within 2-3 weeks. A "Response Form" will be sent as an attachment and accepted applicants are asked to print the document, sign it, and scan and return to UNMC to accept our offer of admission. No deposit is required of CSC sponsored students accepted to our program. All admitted students will be "conditionally admitted" until they have met several requirements (PharmCAS Background Check, Final Transcript Submission, etc.).