Before your first day of class, make sure to complete these tasks.
- Get your student identification badge, which all students are required to wear on campus.
- Register for classes.
- Update contact information in MyRecords. For help navigating MyRecords, read this quick guide.
- Purchase a parking permit.
- Verify your health insurance. Health insurance for hospitalization is mandatory for full-time students. The cost of the BlueCross Student Insurance Plan is automatically billed on your tuition statement. If you do not wish to participate because you have coverage somewhere else, you must file a waiver verifying alternate insurance within 14 days following the first day of classes.
- Visit with your program’s department office.
- Attend welcome events, such as the Matriculation Ceremony and the UNMC-wide New Student Orientation. International students must attend the International Student Orientation.
- Make connections with student organizations and groups.
- Explore our Student Resource Center for important services, resources, UNMC campus information, and more.