Welcome New Graduate Students!
First and foremost, congratulations on your successful admittance to the UNMC Graduate Studies program! At this point, you should have already received an email of acceptance. These are the steps that you must complete before proceeding with enrollment (registering for your coursework). A registration hold is active on all student accounts until each of these requirements have been satisfied:
- ONLINE ORIENTATION COURSE — Complete the online orientation course. You will receive an email with additional instructions when your orientation course opens.
- BACKGROUND CHECK — Complete your background check (read our background check policy).
- Access the One Source background check form.
- There is a fee for this service, which will be made directly to One Source when you submit the form.
Please have a credit card ready to pay the fee.
- Once you submit your Once Source background check, you will receive a supplemental email directly from DHHS.CFSCR@nebraska.gov (check your junk folder) to complete your Nebraska Adult and Child Abuse registry check.
- Additional Instructions for International Students
- You must wait until you arrive in Omaha to initiate the background check process.
- The One Source background check form requires the entry of a social security number. If you do not have a social security number, please enter nine - 9's. EXAMPLE: 999999999
- IMMUNIZATIONS — Make sure required immunization records are on file by completing the immunizations form (read our immunizations policy).
- ADDITIONAL RESOURCES — After completing these steps, you’ll be ready to enroll and begin your journey in Graduate Studies. Before starting, look at our arrival checklist to ensure you have what you’ll need as a student. Also, be sure to read the Graduate Student Association's Survival Guide for Incoming Graduate Students.
If you’re new to the city, check out our Moving to Omaha Guide.