There are a variety of ways you can pay for your graduate education at UNMC, including through:
- An internal assistantship, where you help with teaching or research for a number of hours per week.
- A UNMC fellowship, which is money granted for advanced study of research.
- The Chancellor's Outstanding Incoming Ph.D. Student Scholarship, which has a $4,000 payout each year for two years.
- A scholarship, of which there are a limited number available to graduate students.
- Loans, such as the need-based Federal Stafford Loan or interest-bearing Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loan or GradPlus loan (contact the Financial Aid Office).
- External funding opportunities for grants, scholarships, fellowships, and assistantships — we even offer incentives for gaining outside support!