Missed an event?
View archived recordings in these categories:
Taking place on the third Thursday of the fall and spring semesters, the Professional Development Lunch and Learn Series provides you with various seminar topics to help develop professional skills. Each event explores different ideas, all designed to help you create a skill set that can be used in virtually any career path. Time management, resume crafting, and negotiation are just a few of the many presentations given during these events.
UNMC, UNO and UNL have partnered to jointly offer Career & Professional Development events for graduate students across all NU campuses.
Although registration is not needed for UNMC events, events hosted at UNO or UNL may require advance registration. Visit the appropriate host campus website (found at the bottom right of the schedule) for more information, including registration and access to the online streaming link.
Learn More — View the Fall 2018 schedule.
- View the live stream of the event. It will become active approximately 10 minutes prior to the start. If you encounter any streaming issues, call 402-559-8090.
- View an archived recording, available a few business days after the event.
- If you attend a UNMC event in person Sign In at the venue. Your attendance is then recorded by the Graduate Studies Office.
- If you watched the live feed or archived recording of a UNMC event (cannot be tracked automatically), or if you attend a UNO or UNL event (in person or online) -
- Write a 1 page, double spaced summary that reflects on new insight gained from the event.
- Save the reflection document using the following file naming convention: Lastname.Firstname-DayMonthYear (i.e. Smith.John-30Sept2018.docx).
- Submit the document within 10 days after the live event after the live event as an email attachment addressed to email@example.com with the subject line: ProfDev-DayMonthYear (i.e. ProfDev-30Sept2018).