STAT Congo on Monday announced the end of an Ebola outbreak that killed 43 people in one of the country’s southern provinces, with authorities saying no new confirmed cases had been reported in the past 45 days.
Health Minister Roger Kamba said the 43 deaths were among 53 confirmed cases in the outbreak, which was first announced in September in the Kasai province town of Bulape. He said more than 27,000 people were vaccinated, including 4,000 front-line workers he credited with helping to stem the outbreak.
Fair Use Notice
UNMC Global Center for Health Security staff curate publicly available news and information for educational and informational purposes. Brief excerpts of published articles may be displayed under principles of Fair Use, with credit and links provided to the source publications. All copyrights remain the property of their respective owners.